Saturday, March 18, 2006
Green Carnations and Cotton Candy

When I picked Lil Miss up from school yesterday afternoon as soon as she got in the car she said to me “Gwanma I’m sick, can I get a stuffed animal?” Somehow I have created a correlation between being sick and getting a stuffed animal from the drug store. In the past my theory has been that when you are sick and dosed up on children’s Tylenol you need a soft fuzzy stuffed animal to cuddle in order to feel better. I didn’t mean for this to pertain to all illnesses. Nonetheless I did take her to the drugstore and let her choose a stuffed kitty to snuggle. It seems that Lil Miss had a fever yesterday and her head was hurting and she had a sore neck. Add to that the spots all over her back, arms and face and Gwanma’s diagnosis still stands at chicken pox. There is no way chiggers gives you a fever, so I know I am right and her mother is an idiot. But we all knew that anyway.


Lil Miss normally gets picked up at 5:15pm but last night her mother had something she wanted needed to do so I kept Lil Miss until 7:30pm. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day we took her out to dinner. At the restaurant they gave green carnations to all of the ladies. Lil Miss took her carnation home to her mommy. She is a very thoughtful little girl with a heart of gold. That reminds me of a really lame joke I know. What would we be if everyone inAmerica had a green car? We would be a "Green Car-Nation". (I told you it was lame).

The highlight of the evening was the cotton candy. At this restaurant one of the dessert items is a mountain of cotton candy. Last night’s cotton candy was green of course and had a sour apple flavor. The mound of cotton candy was literally 2 feet tall. There was so much of it that she had to take most of it home. You should have seen her eyes grow wide when they set that mountain of cotton candy in front of her. I wish I had brought my camera for that one. I think last night’s dinner with green carnations and a mountain of green cotton candy is one of those memories she will keep of me and her Gwanpa G-man forever. It’s nice being known as the fun Gwanparents to a child.


Today I awoke to the smell of bacon and sausage frying. G-man was making a huge manly breakfast of bacon, sausage, home fries, eggs and toast for all of us. That could mean only one thing. He had a major handyman job planned for around the house. And of course I was right. When I returned from taking Sonny Boy to work G-man had the computer room mostly dismantled. He is getting ready to dismantle the computer and put that in the other room but I told him I had to make just one last post first. Who knows when I will get to post again? Hopefully tomorrow, but you never know with these handyman jobs. We are painting the computer room and after that we are putting new trim all the way around the room. When we are finished with the computer room we plan on doing the same to the TV room. G-man has been bit by the spring fever handyman bug. Damn that bug! Time to dismantle the computer. Wish us luck!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 11:42 AM | Permalink |