
They say it pays to have friends in high places and I think I would have to agree. Especially since a wonderful friend sent me an awesome care package which I received yesterday. Nancy is a great person and is someone I am honored to call my friend. In case you don’t know Nancy here is some background info on her. She lives in Hollywood (or somewhere in California). She works for a very high powered studio in a very high powered job (or some position there). She lunches almost every day with Stephen Spielberg (or at least she eats with someone). And she has wonderful taste in movies (except Snakes on a Plane). Yesterday afternoon the UPS driver came to my door with an overnight package from Nancy full of wonderful yummy DVD’s! That’s enough to brighten the heart of any Hoosier stuck in this flat barren rainy land we call the Midwest. (It’s rained every day this week). Nancy I can’t begin to thank you enough! And you know what else Nancy stuck in that package? Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! Yes, Harry frickin Potter! Guess what I watched last night? You got it, Harry Potter! Drat, now my secret is out – I’m a huge Harry Potter fan. Shhhh… don’t tell anyone.
In honor of Nancy for feeding my Harry Potter addiction and general DVD addiction, I feel it only proper that I respond in kind and send her a gift. Don’t you agree? And what better way than to
get rid of bestow upon her some of the lovely
crap treasures the Sister in law has sent to me. Don’t you agree? So I am going to let the Blogger community decide which lovely gift I should bestow upon Nancy. Please leave your choice in the comments section or feel free to drop me an email.

Now I know this isn’t from the sister in law, but don’t you think Nancy would love to have Big Daddy Gnome to guard her flower bed in the front of her house? Just think of all the new friends she could make with this conversation piece!

Just the thing to carry to her power lunches with the studio exec’s, don’t you think?

Lovely foot creams and other such lotions from the SIL's Israel trip. All of the lotions have a nice flowery “nursing home” scent with just a hint of rose. I could even stick a coupon in this gift for a free foot massage from the sister in law.

Just what every gal needs, a cheap version of a designer knockoff of a designer bag. (You’ll have to think about that one twice to get it)

Forget the Von Dutch hats that are so popular with the Hollywood crowd. Nancy could start her own trend while recruiting for the Israeli Army at the same time. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

Oops, almost forgot this one. I like to call if bringing home the bacon. It's the piggy bank that keeps on giving.
So remember people, you have Nancy’s fate in your hands. Leave a comment or drop me an email and let me know which gift I should put in Nancy’s package.
In other news, Lil Miss is spending the night with me tonight since her daddy is out of town. The G-man has a work related function, which includes dinner after work this evening so I thought I would take Lil Miss and Sonny Boy out for dinner. Lil Miss’s mother wants her to spend tomorrow night with me as well so she can go out with her
one night stand friend. I haven’t decided if I will do that our not. On the one hand I want to be there for Lil Miss but on the other hand I don’t like being taken advantage of. My eldest and I had it arranged where Lil Miss was spending Thursday night with his girlfriend and her kids. They had a fun night planned. Lil Miss’s mother nixed that however and said she wants Lil Miss having nothing to do with my eldest son’s girlfriend. She does realize that he and she are moving in together next week and therefore Lil Miss will be living with my eldest and this gal half of the time. But it hasn’t quite sunk in yet. She isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed if you know what I mean. But I think we all knew that, right?!