
What a weekend. I am happy to say that most of the computer room paint project is completed. We still have another coat of paint to slap on the hallway wall and we need to put new molding around the room. We are rather pleased with the results thus far. The next project will be painting the TV room. It is a much larger room and has nooks and crannies so it will be more labor intensive. But we’ll save that for another weekend.

In the midst of the great paint project the G-man and I found time to cook a huge Sunday dinner. If you recall a post from a few days ago, we were inspired by a meal Paula Deen had cooked and were determined to supplicate it. Southern fried chicken, creamy cheesy macaroni and cheese, flaky cheddar cheese biscuits, collard greens and fresh green beans. You should have been here, it was a meal to remember. We did have company sort of. My oldest son came for dinner and brought his girlfriend. I don’t know how ling they have been dating but it was the first time G-man and I had met her. Considering the fact that they are moving in with each other in a couple of weeks I thought we should take the opportunity to meet her. Here is the funny part, she is older than the G-man. But we liked her and we really don’t think age difference is a big thing. And the most important thing is that my oldest and Lil Miss like her. That’s what really counts.

We had a bit more excitement last night. While we were sitting down for dinner it seems that Sonny Boy was in his room breaking up with his girlfriend. You know who I mean, the same one that he broke up with a few weeks ago. She didn’t take it very well. I know you find that hard to imagine. (yes, I’m a smart-ass). Sonny Boy went off with his older brother for the evening. Seems that the ex decided to stalk him, only he wasn’t here to stalk. First she started calling. If we picked up she would hang up. If the answering machine picked up she would hang up cad immediately call right back. After several hours of that and not getting any results, she decided to drive over here and sit in our driveway. She sat in our driveway for 30 minutes and then walked up to the door and knocked. G-man answered the door and told her Sonny Boy was at his brothers. She said “Well can I pick him up?” G-man replied that his brother would be bringing him home. She was not happy about that and said again “Can I pick him up?” G-man told her it was up to Sonny Boy. She once again asked if she could pick him up. They went round and round for several minutes before she finally left. It was weird, I mean really weird. Then today she started calling around 2:30 and then doing drive-bys. Every now and then she would just park in our driveway and sit. I would see her put her cell phone to her ear and then our phone would ring. Then she would hang up and call right back. In fact the phone is still ringing as I type this and I know it is her. Sonny Boy needs to stop himself from dating control freaks again because we all suffer when he does. If she keeps this up and he doesn’t go back with her I am going to have her charged with harassment and that will put a stop to that! This girl obviously doesn’t feel that her actions have consequences. I am here to tell her they do!

I picked up Lil Miss from school this afternoon and had quite the shock. Her mother had taken her for a haircut this weekend. Lil Miss had the longest hair of anyone in her school until now. Her hair looks wonderful though and she is very happy with it.
We are gearing up for a major snowstorm tonight. It is supposed to hit around midnight and they are calling for 8 inches in our part of the city. I was in the grocery today (along with every other Hoosier) and the announcer (aka the mortician) kept announcing things like “Get prepared for the big storm coming and buy a sled from aisle 3” or “you could be stuck in the house for days because of the big storm coming, be sure to buy our chocolate chip cookies which are buy one get one free today”. By the time I got out of there I was so stressed about “the big storm” that I even topped off the gas in the car. I wouldn’t mind the storm so much if I didn’t have to go out in it tomorrow. And now I’d better go and pull the Tracker in the garage for the night so it is one less vehicle we will have to clean snow off of tomorrow. Happy Hunting!




