Thursday, March 23, 2006
Brain Fever Strikes Again

I have been stricken with a brain fever. It is the sort of fever that makes you do stupid things. What stupid thing have I done now? I have invited Lil Miss’s school friend to come over and spend the afternoon with her today. It was one of those moments that as you hear the words coming out of your mouth you are inwardly screaming “NO, Shut up before it’s too late”. But it was too late and the invitation was accepted. The good part about it was in preparation of the event Lil Miss cleaned her room that she has here all by herself and without prompting. The bad part is that she didn’t clean the rest of the house and he friends mother is coming in for tea while her daughter plays with Lil Miss. I guess I should clear a trail through the disaster area. It’s really not that bad, but I’ve seen her friend’s house and you could eat off of their floors. You could eat off of my floors too since there is much food actually ON the floor such as the pile of crumbs in the corner by the stove and the green bean I dropped yesterday in front of the sink and haven’t picked up yet, and there is the Ritz cracker that fell under the table. Yes, you could have a big meal on my floors.


Even though we still have mounds of snow on the ground from Tuesdays snow storm I have proof that spring is here. I saw one of the first signs of spring this morning. A housefly! I was so excited to see it that I let it live.


Do you ever watch Dog the Bounty Hunter? I admit I watch it every Wednesday night. I love that show! Last night they had the first episode on that ever ran. My mouth flew open when I saw it and I called to G-man and said something he never thought he would hear his wife say. I said “Honey, come and look at this girls breast’s!” But I was shocked! We all know how …ahem…large… Beth’s chest is. And how many of us ladies thought, “Poor gal, I hope she can save up for a breast reduction”. Well guess what, they aren’t real. In the first episode her chest is normal size. The girl has obviously had a breast enhancement. Now I ask you, why in the world would someone want to do that to their body? I don’t mean a breast enhancement in general, I mean going from large breasts to Ripley’s Believe it or Not breasts. I just don’t understand it.

And in the Spring category, Lil Miss and I started our veggie garden yesterday afternoon. I bought a little greenhouse seed starter kit thingy and several packets of veggie seeds. Since it was cold outside we did the planting inside. I don’t recommend that. Have you ever tried to get a 5 year old to keep the dirt in the planter and not on the floor? It doesn’t work very well. We had a good time though and I think we got some seeds planted. Her favorite part was poking her finger in the middle of the dirt pods so we could pour the seeds in the hole she created. My least favorite part? Cleaning up the mud from under her fingernails. When we are eating nice fresh veggies this summer it will all be worth it.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:13 AM | Permalink |