
It’s that time of year again. That horrible day that comes once a year that I hate so well. Superbowl Sunday. Did I mention how much I dislike football? Did I mention how G-man is the world’s biggest football fan? I can’t stand Superbowl Sunday! And to make matters worse there is no one to go to the movies with to escape it because everyone I know is watching the stupid Superbowl. The day sucks from the beginning. First the entire day leads up to the big event. You have your Superbowl Sunday snacks or meal to purchase and prepare. And least we forget the Superbowl Sunday beverages that need to be iced down. Then you have the Superbowl. And when it is finally over you have to discuss the Superbowl nine ways to Sunday. What did your favorite team do right, what did they do wrong. Blah, blah, blah. And it is worse when you go to a Superbowl party because then you are actually expected to (shudder) watch the game! The horror! Yes, I am glad this day only comes once a year.

We got up bright and early to go to the stores to purchase the ingredients for our Superbowl foods. We still have a little snow action going on here so it was bloody cold this morning when we set out on our trek for Superbowl foods. G-man had decided he was going to smoke ribs for the big event. And to round things off we decided on cornbread (Buddy Guy’s famous recipe), collard greens simmered all day with a hickory smoked ham hock and my homemade macaroni and cheese. You would think we lived in the South with a menu like that, instead of the Midwest. There is only one little bitty problem with the menu. Because my pancreas is fried I can’t eat fatty meats like ribs, or macaroni and cheese or collard greens. It doesn’t stop me from eating them necessarily but I sure do pay for it later. G-man gets mad at me when I get sick after eating and says “Why did you eat that when you knew it would make you sick”. It’s taken a while but I finally have a come back for him. “For the same reason that you cooked that when you knew it would make me sick!”

For dessert we had chocolate covered bananas. They are an awesome treat that we purchase from Trader Joe’s. If you have one of those stores in your town I highly recommend trying the frozen chocolate covered bananas. However, after reviewing the picture I took of G-man eating one I was strangely disturbed and rather put off of it. This picture is wrong on so many levels.

I am pissed off at this years Turbo Tax program. If you haven’t purchased it, don’t! That damned program has crashed my computer. I won’t go into the technical reasons and such but basically this years version is such a memory hog that it know takes me 3 minutes just to open a word document after I have used the Turbo Tax program. Most programs release the memory that they use after you close the program. This year’s version of Turbo Tax does not. It will release the memory if you do a cold boot but that is only a temporary measure. So I am busting my butt to get our taxes completed and filed so I can wipe that program off of my computer. I have a very fast computer with a large amount of memory (most of it free) and a super duper fast processor. So if it will do this to my computer I can only imagine what it will do to someone who has a computer that is a couple of years old or more. I am boycotting Turbo Tax now and recommend everyone do the same. They won’t be getting my business next year!
I called my daughter in Germany yesterday. I was pleased to hear Soldier Boy answer the phone. It seems that the Army has a heart after all. They delayed sending him to the field until the housing situation is straightened out. And it seems that the Army doesn’t feel it is a good idea for Brooklyn to stay in a hotel for 3 or 4 more weeks. So they are providing them with temporary housing until their apartment is ready for them to move into. They should be moving sometime this week into temporary housing. I am very relieved about that. I thought it was strange that the Army would send him away for 6 weeks while his housing situation was still unsettled. As for Brooklyn, the poor girl is still sick with the bronchitis she caught from me. She went to the base doctor last week and goes back on Monday. I feel bad because she got it from me. She says that if she didn’t feel sick she would probably like Germany because it is beautiful. Some of the people don’t like Americans however and she takes that to heart. She is going to have to learn how to let that roll off of her back. She is bored out of her mind right now. In fact Soldier Boy asked me to send something for Brooklyn to do with her hands like a jigsaw puzzle or something. So I went shopping today and purchased a few things which I will send out tomorrow in a care package to her. After all what’s a mommy for?!




