Thursday, February 23, 2006
Mother Can You Trust The Government


I have had that song running through my head all day. Do you know the one I mean? Who sings that anyway? Pink Floyd isn’t it? Isn’t it off of the Album The Wall? I could be wrong, but I think that is the album. You see according to that memory hogging tax program I used our federal tax refund is supposed to hit our checking account tomorrow. Part of me wants to be irresponsible and let my fingers do the shopping at dell.com tonight in anticipation of the upcoming refund. But can I trust the government? Will the tax refund hit out checking account tomorrow? For some reason I’m not quite trusting the government. Besides my palms have not been itching today and they normally do when I am about to get a windfall. Seriously, if your palms ever itch go play the lottery. It hasn’t failed me yet. Okay, so most of the time my winnings are $2 or even as much as $5, but the point is I win.



Back to the laptop though, I have been thinking about getting a laptop instead of a desktop for several months. With my botched back operation and subsequent back problems it is hard to sit at the desktop computer for long periods of time. Long periods of time meaning anything longer than 30 – 60 minutes. So if I had a laptop I could use it when I am laying in bed on those bad back days. Or I could use it when I am in the recliner or on the couch. I pretty much have the G-man convinced that I truly do need a laptop. Now the problem becomes when is the tax check going to hit so I can buy one and which brand to buy. I wonder f I can take a laptop off of next years taxes, you know for medical reasons. Okay, that may be a stretch, business purposes then. I have heard all sorts of problems people have had with Gateway and after my mother had her own Gateway problems you couldn’t pay me to have one of those. But the Dell commercials are looking rather enticing. When I was in IT Dell was a reliable machine. I don’t know what they are like now though. Does anyone have a Dell and are you satisfied with your purchase and the service you received? And other than Dell does anyone have any laptop recommendations?



Today was an absolutely beautiful day. The sun was shining and the birds were singing. My flower bulbs were even starting to come up. Silly bulbs. The weather was so warm and beautiful that I actually had a faint belief that Spring might be just around the corner. Yes, I am delusional because tomorrow it is back to the 20’s. In between running errands, enjoying the sunshine and cooking Chicken Piccata for dinner I finished Jules template. Head on over and check it out. It won’t be much longer before I’ll have to add her new grandchild’s picture to the header though. May will be here before she knows it. I guess I should finish knitting that baby sweater to go with those booties.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:25 PM | Permalink |