Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Lost Teeth


I had an exciting call Sunday afternoon. I picked up the phone and it was Lil Miss. She was all excited and screamed in the phone "Gwanma, I lost my tooth!" Yes, Lil Miss lost her first tooth Sunday! She was eating a tootsie roll and after she swallowed it her mouth hurt so she put her hand up to her mouth and felt the sore area only to discover that her bottom tooth was gone. Apparently she swallowed the tooth in the tootsie roll. The tooth fairy was still supposed to come last night even though she didn’t have a tooth to put under her pillow. It’s a shame really because how cool would it be to save her first lost tooth. Oh well, there will be many more lost teeth. The first lost tooth is always the most exciting though. Well, unless you are over 40, then it is just plain sad. We won’t go there though.



I have a knitting update. I actually finished something! That is a rare thing for me so I am understandably excited about it. I finished 2 pairs of baby booties last week. And today I finished the purse I was knitting out of fabric strips. It was the first (and possibly the last) time I have tried knitting something out of fabric strips. It was more difficult than knitting with yarn. And there are these little threads that get all over you and everything around you. The end result is pretty cool looking though. The real hang-up with knitting a purse is assembling it. I couldn’t begin to say how long that will take me. In reading the directions it seems that the first thing I am supposed to do it iron the knitted part. Me with an iron? Hah! Maybe I should take a picture because a finished project for me is a rare thing to see. In fact you have a better chance of seeing a live dinosaur roaming the streets of Manhattan.



I sat down at my computer yesterday and had great plans of putting up a new blog design. But then it hit. A good old pancreatitis attack. The medicines I take for it knock me out (which isn’t a bad thing sometimes). Thus, I slept the entire day from about noon until 5:30 in the evening. What triggered my pancreatitis attack? You’ll love this. A piece of chocolate cake. Yes, my ass was whopped by a piece of chocolate cake. But it was good chocolate cake so that’s what counts. I remember the first time I had acute pancreatitis in 2002 the last food I ate was a piece of pecan pie at a function at work. Next thing I know I am in the hospital in ICU for 8 days. I have to say the pie wasn’t worth it. I hate my pancreas. One of these days I have to work up my courage and get on the donor list. The last time I went to the hospital emergency room for my pancreas they gave me a referral to a transplant doctor. I made an appointment but then chickened out and cancelled it. You see the tests they run to make sure your pancreas is fried are not pleasant. You are technically supposed to be asleep in what they call a twilight sleep and they give you this medication that is supposed to make you not remember what went on, but I remember. They go through your throat to see your pancreas. Now keep in mind that your pancreas is way far down so that is a lot of acreage they have to go through to see your pancreas. And I remember every painful bit of the trip. Thanks but no thanks, I don’t care to repeat that again. And if it means the difference between getting a donated pancreas or having to take a few insulin shots I’ll choose the insulin shots any day.

Well it seems that Sonny Boy has lost another job. He lost it before Valentines Day but choose not to tell us. He has been pretending to go to work everyday. Yesterday the truth finally came out. I try to get it through his head that it is better to tell the truth instead of telling a lie. The truth will always come out in the end and I am going to be madder if you tell me a lie rather than just telling me the truth up front. He just can’t seem to understand that and I don’t know how to get it through his head. It’s frustrating. Teenagers are just plain frustrating. I am sure I was never that frustrating as a teenager. (See halo above head)

For today I am not going to think about fried pancreases or jobless teenagers. Why? Because today is New Release Tuesday and Free Popcorn Tuesday. I love Tuesday! The first stop of the day will be the video store where I have a list of 4 new movies that G-man wanted me to choose from. Then this afternoon is free popcorn Tuesday for member of the Rewards Club at the movie theater I go to. I’m not sure what movie I am going to see but you can believe I won’t be getting butter on my popcorn today. (Butter plus pancreas equals nasty attack) And to add the icing on the cake I checked email this morning and Hobby Lobby emailed me a 40% off coupon so I really should stop by there today just to see what they have on sale. All in all Tuesday are a fun day, don’t you think? Now if only I could stay away from the yarn aisle.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 7:39 AM | Permalink |