Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Happy Blogaversary to Me


Happy Blogaversary to Me! It was one year ago today that I first started blogging. The day after Superbowl Sunday to be exact. I was bored out of my mind and had played around with the idea of doing my own blog after lurking on so many other blogs for so long. Boredom won out and I took the plunge. I build the blog on Superbowl Sunday but actually made my first post the day after the Superbowl. In honor of my Blogaversary I will paste my first post below. Some of you may remember that I started my blog off on another site (which I won’t mention the name of in case a certain asshole googles it). But when Sonny Boy ran away from his asshole father last Spring my blog was discovered. So I moved to this blog and changed the names to protect the not so innocent.

Happy Blogaversary to Me!



Monday, February 07, 2005

Some people spend their Super Bowl Sunday watching the game at parties, drinking beer, having fun. I spent this years Super Bowl Sunday chopping my hand off. Well, not really... but... I was chopping in the kitchen with G-man's super dooper sharp chef's knife and it slipped. Now I have a huge white (and red) bandage on my left hand. Thank God it wasn't my right hand since I am right handed. But seriously, have you ever realized how much a right hander uses their left hand? It's quite alot.

Brooklyn (my daughter) and Ben (her husband) came over and picked up their Christmas presents finally that my sister in law had mailed to them. I don't know why she didn't mail it to their address so they wouldn't have to drive over here to get them. As usual the presents weren't even worth the postage to mail them. And considering she got them for free from her tee-shirt shop illegal alien friends, the thought wasn't even there. For Brooklyn she mailed a tee-shirt and beach towel. Mind you, we are 700 miles from a bloody beach. And for Ben she got the same (different design). She also sent Brooklyn an empty box. No lie! A huge empty hat box. She spent $6 to mail an empty hat box. Brooklyn just kinda looked at it with this confused expression on her face. Does Aunt Barbara hate me she asked? No honey, she's in therapy so we have to bear with her.

A high point of my day was checking email (it was a slow day). I ordered a Janis Ian CD and a "Take No Prisioners" hat yesterday from the Janis Ian website. I asked to have the CD autographed. She agreed!!!! I am so thrilled. Brings me back to the days of riding around in Kathy's green VW listening to Janis Ian's "Between the Lines" album, singing all of the lyrics of course because we all knew them back heart them. Funny how many song lyrics you can remember when you are 17. Ah, the glory days.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:50 AM | Permalink |