Saturday, February 11, 2006
Escaping Death


I didn’t tell you how G-man and I were almost killed by a movie on Thursday night. We went to my favorite theater to see Hoodwinked. We get a tub of popcorn and a bucket of coke and go into the theater. We are the only ones in there. We immediately noticed a strong smell of natural gas. It was so strong that it was hard to breath in there and within minutes we had headaches. We went out and told the manager. Know what he did? He turned to this 15 year old kid and told him to check it out. The kid walks into the theater and chokes then says “that’s terrible!” He goes back to the manager to find out what to do. We wait, and wait and wait. No one comes back. Finally we go to see the manager (who had forgotten about us) and he tells us that a part had been replaced in that theater earlier in the day but it was safe. Hell no it wasn’t safe. Breathing those fumes in isn’t safe. So I explained to him that we couldn’t sit in there because of the fumes. Does he offer our money back or free tickets? No, he merely says… okay. My mouth just hung open. So as he was walking away I asked him if we could go into a different theater (they have 17) and see another movie. He said he didn’t care. Yeah it’s pretty obvious he didn’t care about anything. What an ass. I should write a letter to corporate. Fat lot of good it will do me though.



We ended up seeing The Chronicles of Narnia. The G-man had no idea what it was about as he had never read the book or even heard of it. It’s only a classic after all. And afterwards he said it was “okay”. I liked it though. And the battle scenes were really cool. I thought it was a good movie. I did want to see Hoodwinked though. (insert pout)



Since I had a new hair color we decided to break out of the norm and do something different last night. We went to this newish outdoor mall they have here. It has been open for a little over a year now. They have this place that swears their pizza is just like New York pizza. Now I’ll be the first to tell you that pizza and a fried pancreas do not mix. Oh no, they do not mix at all. But I thought how bad could one piece hurt me. Everyone was ordering by the slice except us. We had to be the different ones. We ordered a medium which turned out to be the size of a large any where else. They said it would be 25 minutes. We wait 40 minutes and then go and ask about it. They had given our pizza away. Great. But they had one on our table in 5 minutes. Makes you winder why they couldn’t have done that 40 minutes ago? It was worth the wait though. The pizza truly was East Coast pizza. I ate my one slice and all seemed well. We walked out and started walking in some of the other areas of this outdoor mall when it hit me. That good old pain in the gut, right in the pancreas area. That stabbing, let me jump off a bridge pain. It took 2 Nexium and a morphine to stave it off. My pancreas is an asshole!



Last night when we went to bed I asked the G-man to get me up as soon as he got up this morning. I wake up at 7:30 in bed alone. He didn’t bother waking me up! I hate sleeping in! So I come downstairs to bitch him out for breaking a promise and I catch him on the internet. He hollers at me to walk away and not look at the screen and don’t ask questions. I am being real good and not looking in the history to see what site he was on but it is very tempting. Either he was porn surfing midgets with toe fetishes (imagine the google hits I’ll get on that!) or else he was buying something for Valentines day. I guess if emails on sexy midgets start hitting my email box I’ll know.

And the good news for a chilly Saturday morning? It’s snowing!!!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 8:26 AM | Permalink |