
If you don’t like musicals do yourself a favor and DON’T rent the movie “Rent”. My contact at the video store told me I shouldn’t rent that movie but I refused to listen to her. So $4.02 and 15 minutes later and I am ready to return the movie. Actually I did return the movie. And believe me that was the hardest 15 minutes I have ever had to sit through. The next time someone tells me I won’t like a movie I am going to believe them. You know how some musicals have both music and dialog? Rent is not one of those movies. If anything is spoken at all in that movie it is through song. It doesn’t help that I don’t like musicals.

We did see a movie last night that I liked. We rented The Weather Man. It was what I would call a dark comedy I suppose. There were many sad moments in it but also some pretty funny ones. All I have to say is “Cameltoe”. I think that was the funniest bit in the whole movie. Well, that and fast food being thrown on the weather man. I tell you I had never heard of a cameltoe before. I don’t know if I am just the last person on the face of the earth to know about cameltoes or if it is a new expression for an age old problem. Anyway you have to see this movie if nothing else so you can understand the cameltoe routine.

I picked Lil Miss up from school today. This was the first time that I have seen her since she lost her tooth. She looks so cute with the missing tooth. I know, I wouldn’t be saying that if she were 40. But at five a missing tooth is a cute look. I made a certificate from the tooth fairy and told her that the tooth fairy had emailed it to me. Oh to be so young and believe in magic again. When did we all stop believing in magic? It’s such a shame. We should all be Peter Pan’s and Wendy’s. She was so happy at the tooth fairy taking the time to email her a certificate that she had me take her picture and print it out for the tooth fairy. Lil Miss is old school though and believes in the power of snail mail as opposed to email. So she stuck the picture in an envelope and wrote her letter to the tooth fairy on the outside of the envelope. Then we stuck it in the mailbox for the tooth fairy to come and get when we are asleep tonight. There is nothing more powerful than the faith of a five year old in the kindness of a tooth fairy.
I have been very busy for the last several days. I made a new template for Tracy and suddenly I am in demand. I love it actually. It gives me a purpose and we all need a purpose in life. Now I have a list of people waiting for new blogger templates. I am only managing to get one a day done at this rate but it is so much fun. I especially love making the custom graphics. Did you know I wanted to be a graphic artist when I was in high school? I did and I wanted to go to Ringling School of Art in Sarasota Florida. But I put myself in a box and didn’t follow up on my dreams. It’s funny how we place limits on ourselves isn’t it? I don’t really understand why I place limits on myself. Force of habit maybe? I don’t know. I digress though. Thanks to Tracy’s encouragement I have decided to start doing templates and custom graphics as a sideline. I guess you could say I am breaking out of the box. So over the next week or two I will be developing a section about that. I’m very excited about it.
As for now my fingers are itching to get back to the template I am creating for Phil. Catch ya on the flip side!




