Monday, February 27, 2006
Birthy Hapday to the G-man


We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to give a shout-out to the G-man on his birthday. It isn’t a milestone birthday, but next years birthday will be. I won’t say how old he will be next year but lets hope I don’t have to trade him in for a younger model. It took long enough to break the old model in.



A few years ago I came up with a brilliant idea. It was the G-mans birthday and I have forgot to go shopping. Can you imagine, me forgetting to shop? Well it did happen…once. When I realized my flub it was before noon so I called the hubbys boss and procured him the afternoon off. Then I met him at home at lunchtime and told him he had the rest of the day off and his birthday present from me was an afternoon to do whatever he liked, dinner at his choice of restaurant and after dinner he got to go to a store of his choosing and pick out his own birthday present from me. He loved it and had no idea that I hadn’t planned it far in advance. I don’t recommend that you go around forgetting your significant others birthday, but if you do that is a good way to get out of the doghouse. It works for anniversaries and Valentines Day as well.



This year for the G-man’s birthday I am taking him out to lunch, then to an afternoon movie and finally dinner at a nice place of his choosing. And I actually remembered his birthday this year and bought him presents. The card on the other hand – well… I had to run out and buy it this morning. Nothing says Happy Birthday better than a fart card. In fact, it wouldn’t be a proper birthday in our household without a fart card. Happy Birthday G-man!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:25 AM | Permalink |