Saturday, January 14, 2006
Saturday Afternoon Agony


Hurray, I survived Friday the-you-know-what! There were a couple of dicey moments but for the most part I got through it in once piece. There was a minor incident at Starbucks which I don’t really care to discuss. Smart ass teenagers. They should all be fired. I ordered my usual grande no-foam latte. My daughter and I are the only ones in the entire place. He asks for my name. I told him I would prefer not to have a name on my cup. You know what the little shit did? He wrote “no name” on my cup with a big black marker. Little shit! I called him out on it too. And my daughter gave him her real name (Brooklyn) and he wrote Laura on her cup. Little f**ker!

My daughter spent the night last night and had a “slumber party” with Sonny Boy, her widdle, bitty brudder. They stayed up until 4:00am watching DVDs and eating junk food. Sonny Boy is going to miss her when she goes to Germany next week. For that matter I will miss her too. It’s especially hard since she has been spending a lot of time with us the last few weeks and now we have gotten used to it. I will say this about Brooklyn, she has this way of bringing the party with her if you know what I mean. The house is always full of fun, excitement and laughter when she is here. I will sorely miss that. Her pug, Booger spent the night too and had his own slumber party with our dog Moose. Booger is the absolutely horniest dog I have ever seen in my life! He would jump up on the recliner and wait until Moose (a 71 pound Shepard/lab/husky mix) would walk by and jump on his hind quarters to try to do the nasty. And Lord help Moose if he dared to lay down. Booger was all over that. And it wasn’t just Moose, the sofa back wasn’t safe, the backseat of the car, the leg of G-man’s work bench in the garage, etc. You get the picture. Booger is one horny bastard. Booger is under the impression that carrots are the most appropriate doggie treat that a pug can have. Our dog looks at him like he is crazy when Booger is munching on a carrot. Booger now knows which crisper in the fridge holds the carrots. When I start opening that particular crisper he will come running. I discovered this morning that he also likes bacon and waffles.



G-man finally did it today. He went back up on the roof and took down the rest of the Christmas lights. You may recall that on New Years Day he was trying to take down Christmas decorations and fell off of the ladder injuring his ankles and back. It was a freak accident. He is better now but I have to say I was afraid he would have a repeat performance. Fortunately all was well with the universe and our lights are now down and so is G-man.



I sort of wish G-man was back up on the roof though. Today is Redskins Saturday. They play another play-off game this afternoon. Things aren’t going so well for the Skins. Sorry Mark. I tried to catch a little nap but the sounds of cursing and screaming kept waking me up. At first it was all so romantic. Taking a little snooze on the hubby’s lap while the game is on. Roaring fire in the fireplace, dog napping in front of the fire. A perfect Saturday afternoon. Then the Skins had to flub it up by playing like..well..like Skins. In no time at all I had retreated to the computer room. The dog is in here cowering with me. I’m not cowering but he is. Moose doesn’t understand the difference between screams of agony because your team is losing and screams of …well…agony. Is it wrong of me to hope he loses his voice? Hail to the Redskins (even though they can’t play today).
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 6:33 PM | Permalink |