Sunday, January 01, 2006
A Rocking Good New Years


Blogger pals are the best pals to have. We were all so worried about Soldier Boy yesterday so I emailed Margaret. If anyone would know how the Army works it is Margaret. She gave us peace of mind that the Army is all about family and they wouldn’t deploy Soldier Boy for at least 90 days in order to give him a chance to get settled in Germany. Whew! I called my daughter and read Margaret’s email to her. I can’t begin to tell you how relieved she was. So instead of sitting at home crying like she had planned she was going to go to her sister in laws New Years Eve party. Thanks so much Margaret, you are the best!



We had a rocking good time last night. We are such party animals. We went to BW3 for wings and beer. If you know anything about the little city we live on the edge of, you know they are a bunch of snotty people. We live between Indianapolis and Carmel. Carmel is known for their attitude. And not in a good way. Last night further reinforced that stereotype. You see, people in Carmel don’t like to work in the service industry and when they find themselves having to do so they let you know they don’t like it. Our waitress last night was the rudest person on the face of the earth. I hope for New Years she resolved to lose the attitude. Seriously, if you hate being a server so much then you should get in another profession. Life is too short to be miserable and take it out on your customers. This gal was a real peach. We asked for extra napkins. I mean how can you eat wings with only 1 napkin each. She didn’t say a word (the look said it all) but she came back and threw the napkins on our table in a huff and stomped off. That laid down the gauntlet to us. We started asking for another beer, then when she would bring that I would ask for a coke, then some extra wet naps, etc. We kept Ms. Attitude on the go.



After dinner we came home to spend the rest of our night in front of the TV. I had one last thing I had to do for 2005 though. Since our diets officially start at Midnight I had to make one last cookie. I made Secret Agent Josephine’s Best Cookies in the Whole Wide World – Cranberry Shortbread Cookies. And I have to say, they indeed were the best cookies in the whole wide world. I halved the recipe and it worked out just fine. Also I added a handful of chopped pecans. These cookies melt in your mouth. When you taste these cookies you just think of Christmas. They are the ultimate Christmas cookie. Really, you should try them.



The rest of our night truly was in front of the TV. At midnight we popped open a bottle of Asti Spumonti. (I love that stuff). Yeah we are just wild and crazy people. True party animals. Well, maybe not. It’s odd because we sort of looked at each other in a new light at a New Years Eve party on December 31, 1992. And in January 1993 we started dating. You see I had asked G-man to go to a New Years Eve party with me and he refused. I just didn’t want to go alone. He thought I was asking him because a mutual friend suggested it. That wasn’t the case, I was asking because I thought it would be fun to go with a friend. We ended up at the same party though. So I teased him about not coming to the party with me. Then when we went back to work we looked at each other with a new light in our eyes. It’s all history from there. The next year we did attend the same New Years Eve party together. Now we just sit in front of the TV on New Years Eve. Every year I swear we are not going to do that again. But then New Years Eve comes and we are both so exhausted form the holidays that we just stay home and watch TV. Oh well.

We took down all of our Christmas decorations and the tree yesterday. Normally we do that on New Years Day. But it is all done now. January is a sad month don’t you think? You have the after the holidays let-down and the weather is so gray and yuk. And by January you are good and sick of winter. January is a month that should be skipped. And while we are at it lets skip February as well. Lets just go straight into March. March at least has some hope of sunny weather. Or we can all do as Candy suggested and have a blogger party at Marks. Count me in! Happy 2006 ya’ll, the party is at Marks!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 9:30 AM | Permalink |