
I finally heard from my daughter this morning. She arrived in Germany safely and was met by her husband at the baggage claim. She said it was a good thing he was able to meet her at the baggage claim because not only could she not have carried all of her luggage by herself but also because she would have gotten lost in that huge airport. They had to wait 2 hours for the train and the train that they ended up taking to Schweinfurt went at 300 miles per hour, which made her dizzy and nauseous. She said her impressions of Germany thus far aren’t so good. It seems to be a cold dark and gloomy place and all of the doorknobs are backwards and the toilets are funny. She is there one day and already she misses the States. She said that it is very cold there right now and the cold seeps through your clothing even though she was wearing layers and a long leather coat lined with fur. They don’t have a car over there yet so they have to walk everywhere right now or take a taxi. To make matters worse she has my cold now. It hit her mid-flight. I was afraid of that. I thought that she was getting ill the morning that she left. She just had that look about her and I heard her cough a few times. Soldier Boy better take good care of my baby.

As for my illness, I’m still quite sick. I feel like this bug I have is powered by the Energizer Bunny. I keep taking medicine but it still keeps rolling along. Damn Energizer Bunny! I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before, but I need comfort food. Actually it was an email from Martina that put the idea in my head. Instead of taking her chicken soup idea I decided that I need red beans and rice. I mean as long as it is comfort food, right? And the spices in G-man’s red beans and rice will get my sinuses flowing and that’s the whole point of chicken soup. The problem with all of this is time. It takes time to make a good red beans and rice. G-man is in the kitchen as I type. He is slaving away to make his yummy homemade red beans and rice. No red beans and rice from a box in this house. Why if we dared to make it from a box (which we never would anyway) Cindy would probably boycott my blog and we certainly wouldn’t want that.
I am taking everything I can think of to try and combat this nasty cold and bronchitis. I am taking Nyquil pills, a prescription decongestant, a prescription cough syrup, an antibiotic, allegra and Tylenol. I have an arsenal of Kleenex, chapstick, throat drops, chicken soup, orange juice and Vicks vapor rub. I really can’t think of anything else I could possibly take that would help me feel any better. Can you? If you have a suggestion I am all for it. I’d even call in a voo-doo doctor by this point. I had G-man call Lil Miss’s mother and tell her I am too sick to have Lil Miss over this afternoon. She didn’t answer her phone so he left a message on her answering machine. What do you want to bet she tries to bring her anyway. I wouldn’t put it past her. Oh well, back to the couch.




