Friday, January 06, 2006
Lights Camera Action


I used to take my digital camera with me everywhere I went in the event that I should want to snap a picture. Now I find myself in the position of wanting to snap a photo only to find that I have forgotten to bring my camera. I can’t begin to tell you the number of times this has happened in the last couple of weeks. Take for instance last night. A perfect photo opportunity. G-man and I took Lil Miss out to dinner at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants. She was the one who choose the place to eat. I didn’t think she liked Chinese food but she swore it was her favorite. She couldn’t tell us what she liked but she new it was crunchy on the outside and had chicken on the inside. And she likes some sort of soup that had a white thing in it. G-man and I named every type of Chinese food that we thought it could be. Her favorite soup turned out to be wonton soup. That was an easy one. The chicken thing was harder to pinpoint though. Then while we are looking at the menu G-man shouts “I’ve got it!” He asked her if the crunchy stuff with the chicken on the inside came with a red sweet flavored sauce. Yes it does she replied. Have you figured out what it is yet? Sweet and Sour chicken!



Lil Miss was the official tea pourer during the meal Whenever our teacups would get low she was right on the spot with the teapot topping off our cups. That girl was on the ball. And it turns out she does love Chinese food. If you know five year olds you know they quite often pick at their food. One or two bites and they are done. Five year olds don’t have a lot of time to spend eating. Well last night Lil Miss not only ate all of her wonton soup, but she also ate an entire spring roll. A large helping of steamed rice and a good sized helping of Sweet and Sour chicken. I think we have found her favorite foods. The really cool part about it all and the part that I wish I had brought my camera for was seeing her use chopsticks. Now G-man and I always use chopsticks and we are very good at it. We have taken Lil Miss out for Chinese food every now and then since she was 3 years old and we have always let her have a pair of chopsticks to use during the meal but she never really used them to eat with. Last night I showed her the proper way to use chopsticks and after a few attempts she was a pro. She was even eating her rice with the chopsticks. It was so cool! And there I was without my camera. Let this be a lesson to me, never leave the house without my camera.



Lil Miss spent the night again last night and once again slept in my bed while G-man slept in her bed. Lil Miss isn’t as cuddly as G-man when she sleeps. She tosses and turns and kicks and talks in her sleep and generally you don’t get a good rest when you sleep in the same bed with her. You won’t believe what time she and I finally woke up this morning. 10:00am! That is the latest I have slept in years. I hate sleeping late. I feel like I missed something when I sleep late and I spend the whole day trying to catch up. Not a good feeling. Maybe I just need some coffee. And lots of it.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:48 AM | Permalink |