Saturday, January 28, 2006
Hot Night On The Town


It was a swinging time in the hot town last night. And wouldn’t you know it, I forgot to bring my digital camera along. What kind of shutterbug am I? And the photo opportunities were plenty. That always happens when I leave my trusty camera at home. Where did the G-man and I go last night for date night? Where would two hot and heavy swingers such as ourselves hang on a Friday night in the big town? The truck stop. Yes, we headed over to the Interstate to a truck stop. We’ve been there before and it is a prime spot for people watching and greasy fried chicken. The area that we live in does not have a Popeye’s Fried Chicken. So when we get in a greasy fried chicken mood we have to decide whether to go to the hood or to the truck stop. The last time we loaded up on a bucket of grease we went to the hood so this time the truck stop won out.



If you have never been to a truck stop I recommend that you try it at least once. It’s an experience, that’s for sure. My eyes were on Two Ton Tessie however. (TTT) She arrived by herself and parked in a handicapped spot. Not shocking considering her handicap was most likely her inability to get around very well considering her large girth. I am talking Maury show large. She waddles in and sees a truck driver sitting at a counter. She stands next to the counter that he is sitting at and fiddles around with her cell phone. Then she casually asks him what time it is. She finds that he is being somewhat receptive so she continues to hang by him and make idle chit chat. A few minutes later 2 of his trucker buddies sit with him. She chats with them as well. She even takes pictures of them eating and throwing their garbage away with her cell phone. When the 3 truckers finish eating they all stand up without a word to her and walk away to the game room in the truck stop. She is left leaning against the counter looking like a fool. She waits a minute and then goes outside to see if that is where they went. Nope, not there. So TTT comes back into the truck stop and starts looking in the little rooms to see if they are in any of those. She spies them in the game room on the video games and pinball machines so she walks in there. At first she pretends to be playing a game (although she never put any coins in it). By the time we left she was casually working her way over to where they were to probably strike up idle conversation again. “Trucker boy, me love you long time!” Now where in town can you get a floor show like that other than the truck stop?

Apparently there was a floorshow of a different kind going on at my dentist’s office. I took Sonny Boy there yesterday afternoon to have a cavity filled. We have been clients since they first opened the office 3 years ago. I noticed that Mary wasn’t there. She has been there from day one. She was the hygienist, receptionist, accounts receivable/payable, etc. She did everything except drill your teeth. So I ask the dentist where she is. He got this odd sad look on his face and gave a big sigh. Mary had to leave unexpectedly he said. Turns out that a couple of weeks ago he caught Mary with her hand in the till so to speak. She had been embezzling money form the accounts since the day they opened three years ago. This gal babysat the dentist’s kids and everything. She was his right hand and he trusted her with his life almost. And that’s the way she does him. And you wonder why people have trust issues. Sheesh.



After our swinging action packed evening at the truck stop G-man and I did a little shopping then came home to watch a movie. I picked out the movie this time and I am known around these parts for picking out horrible movies. There was the time I picked out Chuck and Buck thinking it was a comedy. (Don’t watch that movie!) But this time I actually chanced upon a good one. I don’t know what stroke of luck lead me to this movie but I actually recommend renting it. It’s called Dumber Than Dirt. Check it out the next time you are in the mood to rent a movie.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 12:17 PM | Permalink |