
Well, it’s a certainty now. My daughter’s departure that is. Soldier Boy finally got to the post office to get the copy of their marriage license that my daughter sent him. This afternoon she received word that her ticket had been purchased and she leaves next Friday, January 20th. It hasn’t really sunk in yet. She really wanted to leave this Saturday so she could be with him this weekend. But this way she will have a week to put things in order and such. She is relived that the ticket has finally been purchased, but she is a little scared too. The good part about it all is that she will be with him for their 2nd year anniversary now, which is near the end of January.

My daughter has 2 wedding anniversaries. Some people celebrate the first one and some people celebrate the 2nd one. They celebrate both of them. You see, she had a wedding planned at a little chapel. It was a beautiful wedding and G-man walked her down the aisle and gave her away. We had a nice dinner wedding reception afterwards. It was so beautiful. We didn’t find out until more than a week later that it wasn’t legal. She found out that night but didn’t tell me of course. They hadn’t gotten a wedding license. She didn’t understand that she needed one. She thought the preacher was in charge of getting it. Since she got married on a Friday night the preacher told her to go to the courthouse on Monday morning and get her marriage license and he would sign it and they would be legally wed. Unfortunately my stepfather passed away the day after my daughter got married. So she and her new husband drove to Maryland and spent what was to be their honeymoon, at my mothers. They stayed there an entire week. When they got back to Indy they found out that the preacher was moving out of town and soon. So she tried to get her marriage license. They said she had to have a blood test done first since she was from out of state. So that took another week for the results to get back. By that time the minister had finished the sale on his wedding chapel and moved out of town. So they ended up having to get married at the courthouse by the registrar. Thus two weddings.

My daughter and I went to the movies today and saw Rumor Has It. Oddly enough I actually liked it. I don’t know if it was because I was in the mood to see a movie or is it was a good movie, but I liked it. It was based on the idea that this was the family that the book (and subsequent movie) The Graduate was based on. As with any public appearance however, the local nut-jobs attract to me like moths to a light bulb on a hot summer night. This time it was a woman who thought she needed to stand next to me while I was ordering popcorn, instead of in line behind me. Quite odd. She proceeded to tell me that she had been paralyzed from the neck down until recently and was just coming out of it. She said she had no feeling in her hands and feet at all. She went on and on about her condition but I pried myself away from her as best I could. Why do they always flock to me? I must send out some sort of freak-magnet radar.




