Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Disgusting Things


My daughters husband, better known to one and all as Solider Boy, was assigned to a Unit finally. He had to be in Germany on December 28th but they didn’t get around to assigning him until yesterday. Silly Army. Soldier Boy is now a member of the First Lightening which is part of the Big Red 1. Sounds rather official doesn’t it? He is currently looking for housing so my daughter can come over. On Base housing is all full up which is a shame as that is the housing that they wanted. So someone is taking Solider Boy off base today to try and find housing. I hope they find something soon because my daughter is so sad that he is there and she is here. I don’t know how she will feel when she is in Germany and he is deployed to Iraq for 6 months. Maybe I’ll have to go over and keep her company for a little bit then. Actually I’d rather he not be deployed to Iraq at all. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he gets lucky. This is such a great adventure for them. Imagine being able to live in foreign countries and travel around Europe. The excitement, the adventure, the danger. If I were 25 and had no children I would do it in a heartbeat.



Speaking of children, my daughter and Soldier Boy are going to try and make me a Grammie. They want to have a baby while they are in Germany. So we will see if the sister in law’s prediction comes true. Remember she “saw” that my daughter was going to get pregnant with twins in March.

I heard the most disgusting thing last night. I don’t want to make any of you sick, but if I have to have this visual running through my head then so do you. Sometimes misery just needs company. I called the sister in law back regarding her phone message about whether I like red sequins better or purple ones. By the way, I choose purple, I hope you like it Cindy. She somehow got on the subject of how they missed their connection in Charlotte North Carolina when leaving here the day after Christmas. She said “I have a funny story to tell you”. Then she proceeds to laugh and tell me about how she and her mother missed the last plane out of Charlotte that night and had no clothes with them in their carry on so had to wash their underwear in the sink and hang it up over the heater to dry for the next morning. So they had to sit around the hotel room naked as well as sleep in the same bed together naked. She said since they were sleeping naked it was bloody cold so they got in the same bed and snuggled. AAGGHHH! Too much information! That’s a bad enough visual, but then she proceeds to tell me that they both had a gas attack from eating McDonalds for dinner that night, and there they were naked so the whole room was under a fog alert. YUK! I didn’t need to hear any of that!

My son’s puppy is here and already it has started. I was awoken at 5:00am by her wanting to go out and pee. At least she wakes us up instead of going on the carpet, so that is good. Then I awoke at 6:00am because G-man was yelling at one or the other of the dogs for something horrid they did. I don’t know what it was about but he was pretty mad about it. So it was a rude awakening this morning. I ended up going back to bed and sleeping in for a few more hours. Alright, oversleeping. But I needed the sleep because I had a long afternoon of shopping planned and Lil Miss is sleeping over tonight. She wants me to sleep in her bed with her, which is fine, but she is a restless sleeper and tosses around.



So this afternoon my daughter, Sonny Boy and I went out to lunch for sushi. Want to hear another disgusting thing? Have you heard of spider rolls? Instead of fish in the sushi roll it is a spider! I swear to you this is true. In fact I’ll even post a picture above. There was no way we were trying that. I felt squeamish just looking at the picture of it on the menu. I wonder if it is a raw spider or if it is fried. And it looks like it is a very large spider. I am feeling ill just thinking about it.



After lunch we went shoe shopping. There is nothing better than retail therapy when you are having a yuk day. And one of the shoe stores that we went to gave 15 % discounts on everything to people with a military ID. Fortunately my daughter had hers with her so she really made out well. It is nice to spend time with my daughter before she leaves. We are thinking she could be leaving as soon as next week. She heard from Solider Boy this afternoon and she has to overnight some paperwork to him for them to get the apartment. But at least he has found an apartment now. So that is a good start. I know it is hard on my daughter waiting for the Army’s timetable. There are so many hoops to jump through and she finds it frustrating. But a new sweatshirt and some black high heels helped to make her feel better. No, she’s not planning on wearing them together, although you see some girls that do that. My shoes weren’t as sexy. Mine were pink bedroom slippers. Two pairs of slippers actually. And why is it that stores stop selling slippers after Christmas? Have you ever noticed that? They load up on them before Christmas but afterwards they don’t restock them and you can’t find any until the next Fall. That’s why I was smart this year and stocked up. If you need some slippers let me know. I have about 12 pairs now, 4 of which have never been worn.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 2:24 PM | Permalink |