Monday, January 16, 2006
Be Careful What You Wish For


Be careful what you wish for is my motto. Remember how Saturday I wished that G-man would lose his voice because he kept yelling at the TV? (And by the way, the Redskins lost). He wasn’t the one to end up losing his voice, I was! Yes, I wished ill on someone and it happened to me instead. Talk about bad karma. Sunday morning I woke up and knew instantly that I was a goner. The severely painful sore throat, the brick laying on my chest, the cough that sounds like a beagle barking, yes I had it all. Most of Sunday was spent on the sofa watching bad TV.



Sonny Boy has this annoying habit of wearing pants that are too large for him and wearing them so low that his underwear hangs out. I hate that look! You know the look I am talking about don’t you? I am always nagging him to pull his pants up. His look backfired on him Sunday evening. His sister and his girlfriend were both here for Sunday dinner. And G-man made the works. Pork loin roast, gooey macaroni and cheese, fresh broccoli, applesauce and rolls. Sonny Boy stands up to take his plate into the kitchen and it happened. I had predicted this for months and it finally happened. His pants fell down around his ankles. Will he learn from this and start wearing tighter pants or pulling his pants up? I doubt it.



So last night G-man and I are sitting downstairs in the TV room watching boring television. We are dog-sitting my eldest son’s puppy right now while he is out of town for work. The house is quiet for some reason, which is odd in itself. Then we notice that there are sounds coming from the bedrooms area. In fact it sounds like it is coming from OUR bedroom. Then it hits me – the dogs… I run up the stairs and see that our bedroom door is shut. That was odd. I almost turned around and went back downstairs without investigating. I mean, the dogs couldn’t have gotten through a closed door. I pressed on however and opened our bedroom door. I tried to scream but because of losing my voice it just came out as a little croak. Both dogs were on top of my bed and they were wrestling each other. ON MY BED! I was pissed. I was so pissed that I kept trying to yell at them. Only the sounds coming out weren’t very loud. I tried though, you have to give me credit for that. We are still wondering how the door got shut. I guess they wanted privacy?

I have sister in law news. Remember that she and her husband had gone to Israel on December 2nd to visit his family. She flew home December 17th but he was having such a good time hanging out in the clubs that he decided to extend his stay by a week. Then when that week would be up he would extend it another week. Finally it got to the point where the SIL told her hubby that if he extended it one more time he could just stay over there because she was done. That did the trick because he arrived in New York yesterday. His flight was 5 hours late though. She was afraid that the airline lost her hubby like they lost her luggage. He is home safe and well though. I think it is so funny though that she spent $10,000 to keep him in this country and get him legal (he was arrested for being an illegal alien in 2001 and that’s why they got married) and then he goes back and doesn’t want to leave. A typical case of thinking the grass is greener on the other side.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:59 AM | Permalink |