
I didn’t get an opportunity to blog at all yesterday. It’s difficult to blog when you spend almost your entire day in the car driving people around or sitting in the car waiting for them. Yes, yesterday was an absolutely crummy day, which I don’t care to ever repeat. In fact, it was so crappy that I don’t even want to talk about it.

I will say this though – there is a certain clerk at Kohl’s that needs to learn how to be nice to EVERYONE, not just the people she believes to be celebrating Christmas. You see I got up bright and early yesterday morning (2 days in a row, I’m shocked) and I went to Kohl’s to finish off my Christmas shopping. I am in the men’s department by the cash register and I hear the cashier telling every customer “Merry Christmas.” I finish shopping and even manage to find the menorah socks I was looking for to give the sister in law for Christmas. So I go through the cashiers line with my menorah socks and other items. She sees the menorah socks and gets suddenly quiet. When I finish paying for my purchases she merely says “Thank you”. No happy holidays, merry Christmas or anything. I felt a little miffed. Because I buy Hanukah socks you label me as anti-Christmas? Stupid cashier. And to really put the cherry on top of the cake, I had to shop in semi-darkness. The lights flickered off after I had been shopping for five minutes on that shopping complex. Even the traffic lights went out. When I left the store an hour later all of the lights in the shopping center were still out. I swear I didn’t do it!
My daughter is home for the holidays. It’s a bittersweet holiday because her Soldier Boy husband got his orders from the Army. They ship out December 28th for Germany. But at least that gives them a couple of weeks at home. It’s quite funny that she should be moving to Germany. Why you ask? Because when she was a little girl I used to teach her German words. I had no idea that someday she would be moving to Germany. I just enjoyed learning languages and somehow spilled it over to the kids. Or rather, the German spilled over to them. They never learned any of the Polish. To their credit they did learn the sign language. I don’t know if they still remember it, but isn’t sign language something you never really forget? I don’t know, I forget if it is or not. Back to the German I taught them, there are the usual phrases like Guten tag. But I took it a little bit further and taught them dumpkoff and Ich muß gehen. Funny how they never forget dumpkoff. Anyway, I am proud to have been the one to teach her the first German words that she ever knew and will probably be using a lot once she gets over there.

It snowed yesterday….again. Yesterday was a day in which I DIDN’T want it to snow since I had to be on the road all day. Do you realize that Christmas is only a week away? That is far too soon. I haven’t even cleaned up the mess Babs the bunny left. Speaking of which, I miss her like mad! There are so many things that I need to get done before next Thursday. There is the rest of the cookie baking, cleaning the guest room, finish shopping, finish wrapping, etc, etc, etc. Now today I get up and look out the window only to discover it is snowing AGAIN. So I thought I would dedicate my morning to doing all of the chores I have been putting off and finishing up my cookie baking. So what did I do? Well…first I watched an episode of Dawson’s Creek. After that the movie Cocktail came on. Since I’m not a big fan of Tom Cruise I took my shower at that point. Of course it was still on when I got out of the shower so I watched a few more minutes of it. Then I ate a bowl of cheerios. I looked at a recipe for a few minutes. Then I watched some more TV. And now somehow I have ended up playing on the computer. I could write a book titled “How to avoid doing any work”. I think I would be good at that. The whole idea is to walk around the house with one eye closed so you don’t see the mess. You know what they say though – one mans mess is another mans cleanliness. So maybe my house really isn’t all that messy after all. I have seen far worse in fact. Just thinking about the den of filth in the faith healer neighbor’s house makes me shudder. I guess I’ll take my minor messes any day.
The rest of my afternoon won’t be as relaxing however. I have a dreaded dentist appointment this afternoon. I am shaking in my slippers just thinking about it. I have a cavity, which he is going to fill. It’s the first cavity that I’ve had in years. I hope it’s the last. It’s not the pain so much as it is the Novocain shot and the sound of the drill. You know exactly what I mean don’t you? I truly don’t understand how someone could become a dentist. How could they possibly find that interesting? To each his own I suppose. Now I think I’ll go and eat some candy…alright, an apple.




