Thursday, December 01, 2005
Poor Sick Girl


So much for well made plans. My plans of taking Lil Miss to the Build A Bear Workshop store yesterday fell through. I was the first car in the carpool line and was patiently waiting with the rest of the mothers and grandmothers (and one dad). It is 5 minutes before the bell is due to ring. And then I see Lil Miss’s teacher walking her outside and pointing to my car. Then Lil Miss trots over and gets in. I knew… just one look and I knew. So I cautiously asked her, “How do you feel?” “I feel sick” she croaked while sniffling. I asked her “Do you feel too sick to shop or do you just have the sniffles?” “I want to go to bed” she replied. I knew then she was definitely sick. On the way home the coughing started so I turned around and headed to the drug store for our good friend Dimetap. Gotta love that stuff! I think my kids thought Dimetap was liquid candy when they were little. It was the only medicine they begged for more of. I actually heard my daughter say once that she wished she would get sick so she could have some of that grape medicine. Scary eh?



While in the drugstore Lil Miss happened to see a stuffed doggy. It was one of those huge floppy stuffed dogs that are so soft and cuddly. It was a bargain at $9.99 so I told her she could have it. After getting purchase approval suddenly she noticed all of the other stuffed animals. Doggies, unicorns, elmos, penguins, bears, snowmen, reindeer, etc. You get the picture. Gimme, gimme, gimme. I told her only one. We stood there for 30 minutes while she picked up each stuffed animal and hugged it to see if it was a fit. She had a hard time deciding between 2 certain doggies. They looked a lot like Cloe, her puppy, which is a pit bull/shar-pei mix. She finally decided on the smaller stuffed puppy. It ended up being on sale for 75% off so how could I resist, I told her she could get both stuffed animals. So she got the big and the small one. On the way home she told me that the larger doggie had just given birth to the smaller puppy so today was the smaller puppies birthday. She has an imagination for sure. Once we reached home I dosed her up with cough syrup and McDonalds then we started watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Ten minutes of that and she fell fast asleep on the sofa and slept until her mother came to pick her up. Poor little sick girl.

G-man’s back is out so I am telling Lil Miss’s mother about this and she informs me that her new boyfriend is a chiropractor. Then she went on to tell me how he cracked her back last weekend and the positions he had her in. It was a little more detail than I needed. Something about how he got on top of her and turned her knees this way and her upper back that way and… well… I just don’t need to know these details. Actually I don’t WANT to know these details. And neither did G-man and Sonny Boy when I told them. Unfortunately I told them at dinner and yes it did put them off of their dinners. I call it my form of weight control. Talk about Lil Miss’s mother’s sex life at dinner and you’ll never want to eat again. I should market this!



Can you believe it, snow today! They are calling for 2 inches in our area of the city but I think we only had an inch. It is still snowing but it is at the point where it is melting now as it hits the street. Have you ever noticed the hushed sound a city has during the snow? It’s quite magical. Complain as I may about the cold and the inconvenience of it all, I have to admit I do like the snow. We were supposed to have the roofers working on our roof today but that fell through quickly once they heard the forecast. I was glad because I was not looking forward to the sound of hammers banging away on the roof all day.

I have good news about the lawsuit against me. I filed a motion for continuance and it was granted. And then I received an email from the FDCPA in response to my complaint about this company not sending me any bills but then turning around and suing me. They are not only investigating that company but they also told me what I needed to do. They said that if what I say is true, then this company did break several laws under the FDCPA Act. One of the things they had me do was to send that company a certified return receipt requested letter demanding that they erase the alleged debt or I would be forced to exercise my rights by seeking legal counseling and suing them for breaking the law. The laws that they broke have a punishment of not only having the debt erased but also that they would have to pay my lawyers fees and $1000 in fines to me. And the beauty of it is I have proof of them breaking several laws. I nailed them on several sections of the FDCPA Act. If they want to mess with me they are toast! I just want them to erase the debt and leave me alone. The debt was for medical bills for something that should have been covered by my health insurance and that’s what really burns me up. I shouldn’t have had to go through any of this in the first place.

You are going to love this. Those of you long time readers may recall the trouble we had this summer with my ex (aka asswipe) and all that he did to Sonny Boy. What you don’t know is that since he had my cell phone number I switched cell phones with another relative so we could have an asswipe free cell phone. This relative called me yesterday and told me that asswipe sent her 8 pages yesterday on my old cell phone with his phone number. What a stupid ass. He sent an email to my oldest a few weeks ago trying to get him and his friends to buy scrapple from him for a small shipping and handling fee. In other words asswipe still hasn’t found a job (he’s been out of work since last December when he was fired for stealing). You know, I’m not a big fan of assisted suicide but if I can be of any assistance to him and his suicide I would be glad to tie the noose for him.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 12:57 PM | Permalink |