
It is hard to get up early when the light peeking through your curtains is just a dim gray shimmer. The snows have started again this morning. This is a bad thing because I had hopes of actually getting out of the house today and running errands. But with the snow I will most likely tell myself that I really should stay inside, in the event that I should slip in the snow and hurt my back further. At least that’s my story. But think of all of the chores I can do in the house that need to be done. I could finally do that last load of laundry that has been sitting at the edge of the kitchen for 2 days now. I could get around to finishing up my holiday cookie baking. I only have 8 more types of cookies that I am planning on making by next Friday. I could pull out the checkbook and pay the bills which will be overdue next Monday. I could clean the house since the mother in law and sister in law are coming for the holidays next week. I could play with Babs the bunny since this is her last day with us. Screw it all, I’ll just play on the computer all day.
I am freaking out a little over this snow. Today is one of the days that I pick up Lil Miss from school. I am wondering what happens if school is let out early? Will the school call me? Will it be broadcasted on the TV? Will the roads be too bad for me to make it to the school to get her? Worry, worry worry. It’s my job and I do it well.

As I mentioned, today is Babs the bunny’s last day with us. I am sad already. Poor little thing, I will miss her. I hate to say this but I have become quite attached to Babs. I will worry about her when she is gone. Will they remember to give her the tops of the celery that has the leaves on it? That’s the part she likes best. And she likes the skinner carrots, not the big fat ones. Will they let her out of her cage a bit each day? She really hates being in her cage. She likes to run around the TV room playing. Her latest “toy” is knocking over one of the gift bags under the tree and snatching the tissue paper out of it. Then she runs with it streaming behind her from one end of the room to the other. It’s quite funny to see. And she is so happy to be running that sometimes in mid-run she will give a little high jump for joy. I think Babs will miss me too. She will definitely miss G-man’s fuzzy sweat pants that he wears in the evenings. She has been having quite the love affair with his pants legs when he wears those fuzzy pants. We aren’t sure if that is because the pants are black like her or because they are fuzzy. Either way, I will miss my widdle bitty Babsy-Wabsy-Woo. Maybe the snow will get too deep for her to leave!

The best way to entertain a five year old during the holiday season? Wrapping paper! “Gwanma needs this present wrapped and I can’t wrap as good as you, would you mind?” The next thing you know the last roll of birthday paper you had is wiped out as is half of your Christmas paper and one sheet of Baby Shower paper. But for five minutes of blessed silence? Priceless!




