
Do ya’ll see my weather pixie today? It’s snowing! I have never seen it come down this fast in my life. I sat down in front of the TV to eat some chili for lunch and ten minutes later when I finished I stood up to take my bowl in the kitchen and the ground was covered. There wasn’t any snow at all when I sat down to eat the chili. It looks like a blizzard out there. It has only been snowing for maybe 30 minutes and I swear to you we already have an inch on the ground. I am glad I am in for the rest of the day. I knew we were supposed to get hit with a significant snow storm this afternoon so I got up early this morning and hit the grocery store along with every other idiot in town. Then I came home and made a pot of chili and did all of my household chores so I could sit and watch the snow when it came. I plan on popping in a Harry Potter DVD, putting a log on the fire and knit the afternoon away.

Last night Lil Miss spent the night. It’s her mother’s “Bar night” so I watched Lil Miss as my eldest is still out of town. I found out what kind of people Lil Miss’s mother is meeting in those bars. You see we
She must be related to the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor since they both have that talent of getting everything for free. Take for instance yesterday morning. Deb, the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor, knocked on my door. She wanted to know where we had purchased our wood for our woodstove. I told her. She then asks me if I think they will give it to her for free if she tells them what a hard time they are having making ends meet and that her husband is in Jamaica helping the poor people. I told her I didn’t know (although I am thinking no f**king way). She didn’t get any free wood yesterday. But you know what? She got some today. Someone from their church not only went and bought them wood out of their own pocket, but he also is delivering it right now. Seriously, I am looking out of my front window by my computer desk watching this guy unload the wood for Deb while she stands there watching him. Why the hell do any of us bother to work for a living? We’ll just go to Deb’s school of “Christian Con”. Lets recap Deb’s gain shall we? Her mother bought her house for her outright so they have no mortgage. Her mother also bought the minivan for her so they have had no car payments whatsoever. They had their gas shut off for nonpayment (thus no heat) so they have no gas bill. They don’t have cable so that’s one less bill. They have no credit cards thus no credit card bills. What bills do they have to pay? Telephone and electric. That’s it! And they can’t even manage to pay those 2 bills on time. There is that $290 a week they pay to the talent scout for their daughters acting lessons though. I forgot about that. Okay, so that makes 3 bills they have to pay. We should all be so lucky! Don’t people like that just piss you off? And what I didn’t tell you is that she hinted around yesterday morning trying to get me to give her some of our wood for free. I wasn’t doing it. I figure if she can trot off to Disney for Thanksgiving then she can darn well pay for her own wood. I don’t know why she is so hot to get wood stocked in now anyway since they still don’t have the woodstove hooked up. They have another guy from the church coming this evening to weld it for free.

I am going to watch the snow now. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.




