
It’s cookie Saturday. By 1PM I had already finished the chocolate chip cookies and the chocolate cherry pecan balls. I roll the chocolate cherry balls in confectioners sugar and they are so good. They are G-man’s favorite cookie that I make. And judging from the amount that he ate while I was trying to bake them, they are still his favorite cookie.

I freaked out last night when I realized that Christmas is only 2 weeks away. The big countdown has begun. I don’t even have my mothers present in the mail yet. Don’t you have to have everything in the mail by 12/15 in order for it to be there in time for Christmas? Am I over reacting by panicking so early in the game? Probably, but it’s my nature and I can’t change it now. Why do we do this to ourselves every year? And every Christmas, after the wrapping paper has long since been thrown in the garbage, we all swear that we will change things by next Christmas and not be so materialistic. We will focus on the real reason for the season. But the next year comes along and we’ve changed nothing.

Click to enlarge
You see, we should all be like the faith healer neighbor across the street from me. They have no lights up this year (or any other year for that matter). And just now they have come home with a Christmas tree that they got for free. They went in one of our state parks and cut it down when no one was around. Who needs money at Christmas when you can get everything for free! By the way, you DO realize I am just joking about being like the faith healer neighbor. I swear I am joking! Don’t throw broken Christmas bulbs at me. They did cut a tree down though. I wasn’t joking about that part.
Can I ask why the gift buying always ends up on the shoulders of the wife? Is this some throw back to the days before the feminist movement? It’s like the feminists came in and changed everything for us but they forgot about that part. Why do I have to be the one to shop for G-man’s family in addition to all f the other Christmas shopping I have to do? Oh… I enjoy it huh? Well, yes, I do enjoy it…sort of. But that’s not the point! If I left it to G-man it wouldn’t get done until Christmas Eve and maybe not even then. It’s the same with buying birthday cards and mailing them out on time.

In other news I have the pleasure of reporting that my eldest is back in town so Cloe went home this morning. Hurray! But don’t cheer yet, because I broke down and agreed to watch her again this week for a few days while he is out of town once again. I need to have a talk with his boss I think. He is going out of town entirely too much! Anyway, now that Cloe is gone our dog is in a deep depression. He gets that way whenever someone leaves. For instance if we have a family member come from out of town to visit, our dog will be so happy to see them and he thinks that they came just to see him. But when they leave he will go into a deep depression and hardly eat for days. He will just lay around with this sad look in his eyes. Poor doggie. Does anyone have any doggie Prozac?




