
We got a whopping 8-10 inches of snow at our end of the city yesterday afternoon and evening. The weather reported that it was coming down an inch to two inches per hour at certain times. It was so pretty to watch. G-man works only 2 blocks from the house but it took him 30 minutes to get home from work yesterday. Once we were tucked safely in our house curled up in front of the fire it was very enjoyable.

I did a stupid thing yesterday. I shoveled the driveway. I couldn’t help it, I like to shovel snow. I don’t like being twisted up like a pretzel after I shovel snow, but I like standing in a snowstorm shoveling away. It was so much fun. What can I say, I’m a cheap date.

I wasn’t the only one outside during the snowstorm. Deb, the faith healer neighbor was out also. I think she was outside because it was warmer outside than in her house. They had a welder from their church welding the woodstove last night. It isn’t completed yet but maybe they will have heat by the end of the weekend. Back to Deb though, she told me the saga of her son’s cold. Seems that before they went to Disney at Thanksgiving, her son had a nasty cold. They don’t have health insurance and he couldn’t afford to go to a doctor so he went to the emergency room instead. She said they are the only places that will bill you for seeing a doctor. Everyone else demands the full amount up front since they don’t have insurance. So his head cold ended up costing him a little over $500. It doesn’t end there however. His girlfriend came down with the same cold once they returned from Disney. He insisted that she go to the doctor but she refused because she doesn’t have health insurance either! So he told her that he would pay the emergency room bill if she would go to the ER. And she did. So now he has another $500 to pay. Want to hear something funny? He doesn’t have a job. Hasn’t has a job since last August actually. Just gets better and better for them doesn’t it?

I have been really busy preparing for Christmas. That’s why I’m not finding the time to blog until late in the day now. Today I made chocolate covered pretzels and then drizzled them with white chocolate. Then I made peppermint bark. That is white chocolate with crushed candy canes mixed in it. You spread it out on waxed paper and then break it into chunks when it cools. It’s actually quite yummy. The pretzels will have to be hidden from G-man and Sonny Boy. Yes, they are chocolate whores. G-man has already gone through one batch of Chex mix already. So today I made a double batch of Chex mix and hid half of it. I will hide half of the pretzels as well. I normally have to resort to hiding the cookies at Christmas time from G-man. G-man never met a cookie he could resist.

Did I tell you the good news yet? Do you remember that scummy company that tried to sue me for a medical bill that they never sent me a bill for? And it turned out to be a company that my daughter used to work for as a litigation specialist and they knew she was my daughter and they tried to screw me over to piss her off. It’s a long story. Anyway, my daughter told me what to say in the letter that I wrote to them. I got a letter back a couple of days ago dropping the entire law suit. They totally expunged the debt because of the letter I sent to them. Hurray! That will teach them not to break the law and try to harass people. I have to say I am so relieved that is over!
Remember the fiasco with Amazon.com sending G-mans present with no outer wrapping so the whole world could see what it was? I emailed them a letter of complaint and they not only apologized but they also sent me a gift certificate for $10 to be used at their online store. Not bad I suppose. I would have rather that it not have happened though. I really hope he didn’t see what was in the box. It doesn’t matter though because he will smile and pretend he didn’t see it even if he did. He is nice that way and I appreciate it. There was the one Christmas (our first) where I had bought him a Washington Redskins jacket in September for Christmas. I thought I was doing well by hiding it under one of the beds in the guest room. We moved out of that apartment in October and into a house. I had a broken leg at the time so I just sat and supervised. G-man hollered to me at one point “Is there anything in the guest room you want to remove yourself?” I said no. He said “Are you sure there isn’t something under the bed you would like to pack up yourself?” I again said No. He insisted “I think you better come and look under the bed to make sure there is nothing you want to pack up yourself.” That’s when it hit me. Oh no, I have his redskin jacket under the bed. Drat. Even on Christmas morning that year he pretended it was a huge surprise. You have to love a guy like that!
G-man is home now so I’d better go and hide the pretzels. Damned cookie monsters!




