
Yesterday I just relaxed at home. I watched a little TV, I did a load of laundry, I knitted a bit and generally I just relaxed and enjoyed the fact that I had no company. Things got busy after 3:00 however. My daughter came in the door crying her eyes out. She had just put her husband on the plane to Germany. His orders state that she is not to travel until January 6th so he went off to Germany with out her. She was very emotional as you can imagine. And add that to the fact that her birthday is January 10th and she doesn’t know if she will be in Germany with him by then. I am sure she will be in Germany within the next 30 days and I will be the one crying at the airport. For her birthday I think I will buy her a doggie purse to carry her pug in so he can ride under her seat. She brought her pug, Booger, with her yesterday. Booger was quite fond of our dog if you know what I mean. And the fact that our dog was 10 times his size didn’t bother Booger, he would just jump up in my daughters lap and jump off of her lap onto our dogs …well…you know what. The bad part about this whole equation is that both dogs are male. It was disgusting.
The mother in law and sister in law had a bit of trouble leaving. Remember how they were delayed leaving Indy and then they missed their connecting flight in Charlotte and had to spend the night there? What’s the worst thing that could have happened to them? Yup, their luggage was lost. They got home and stood at the baggage carousal waiting for luggage that never came. As you can imagine the sister in law was livid and burnt up the phone lines calling this one and that one. She was one pissed off fat chick! Their luggage arrived late last night so at least that part is over now. As for her missing luggage that was shipping from Spain to JFK and JFK said they were sending it via Fed Ex on 12/23/05, it still hasn’t arrived. I am so sick of hearing about lost luggage, aren’t you?
I forgot to tell you about some of the presents I received for Christmas. Some were quite unusual to say the least. I really must take some pictures of them for you. Sometimes you just need a visual. And when it involves a present from the sister in law words just don’t cut it. Need I remind you of the shiny gold purse and the Dubai tissue holder. Now ya’ll are scared aren’t you? You are shaking in your boots because you are afraid that I am going to re-gift some of the sister I laws gifts to you next Christmas. Well you should be afraid, very afraid!

There were the chocolate bars which were packaged in a bag form Candyland. She was very impressed with the bag and thought I would be too. I was told that the bag was part of the gift as well and she pointed out the Hebrew writing to me that was on the bag. Wow, I am so impressed that I can hardly contain myself…

And how could we forget the assortment of lotions which she bought in Nazareth. It was face lotion and (can you believe this) foot lotion! All looks well with this until you smell them. Have you ever been next to an extremely elderly lady? That is what this lotion smells like. It smells like a mix between old lady and nursing home. Not a pleasant smell I assure you. But you can judge for yourself when I re-gift it to you next Christmas!

Ah yes, the sauces. How could I forget the sauces. We don’t know what they are for or what they contain because we don’t read Hebrew. She has no idea what they are either, she just liked the look of the bottles. Don’t you want this under your Christmas tree next year?

And then there were the nesting boxes that she had picked up in China Town. When I opened them I foolishly thought there was a present in the boxes so I kept opening each box. No present, just empty boxes. The sister in law was thrilled though. She squealed “I knew you would love those, you love boxes as much as I do.” I don’t know where she ever got an idea like that? This one definitely will be re-gifted next year. Coming soon to a tree near you….
And now I must bid you farewell for the moment. I have decided to spend my morning with the rest of America by going back to stores returning items. The yarn that was the wrong color, the hat/scarf/gloves set that was missing the hat, the Hanukah candy dish (don’t ask). All in all, not a fun morning. Light a candle for me, I’ll need it!




