
Did anyone else watch the Wizard of Oz last night? I love that movie! It is so hard to look at Judy Garland in that movie and realize that later she would become a raging alcoholic and her life would spiral downward. How very sad. I remember watching that movie when I was a little kid. I would hide behind the sofa when the flying monkeys came on. They scare me to this day. G-man has never seen the Wizard of Oz and says that he has no desire to. I wanted to hit him when I found that out. What is he? A communist? I should tie him to a chair and force him to watch it. Or maybe I should just tie him to a chair.

Thanks a lot Mark, you’ve got me on the “what if” kick today. There are a couple of different ways my life could have played out if I had taken a different turn in the path of life. And I almost took a couple of those paths. One of those paths was with Chuck the paraplegic photographer. I know now (and possibly even then) that if I took that turn in the road it would have been a huge mistake. I almost took that path though and I was well on the way on that path. He is paralyzed from the chest down but he does more in his life then I have ever done in mine. His pictures are recognized all over the state of Maryland and even other areas. If you googled him you would find his website. Yes I googled him. Yes I am glad I didn’t take that path in life.
The other path I almost took was Hans the high school shop teacher. I liked him a lot personality wise but the spark was just not there. I would have liked to have kept him for a friend. I would have had an artsy outdoorsy life with Hans. He owned his own house, a MG midget (it’s a car not a person), a Land Rover, a large boat and even had an artists studio in his house. I would have never been bored if I had taken that path. Or so I think now. I was jealous of his art though so that would have never worked out. You didn’t know I have an artist’s soul did you? In high school I wanted to be a graphic artist and attend Ringling School Of Art in Sarasota Florida but that’s not the path my life took. And Hans is not the path my life took either. And I am not displeased that I didn’t take that path. Besides, his dog used to slobber down the back of my neck in the car.
G-man was the path my life took and I am happy with that decision. Our hearts spoke to each other, the heavens approved and the rest is history. I am a big believer in life being predestined. And I think that I was destined to end up with G-man. Who knows what makes us have that certain spark with one person and not another. It’s not biological and it’s not a conscious act, it just happens. I wonder if our souls knew each other in another lifetime and in each lifetime we keep meeting. Granted in this lifetime we took our time meeting and part of that is because of our age difference. Maybe in the last lifetime he was older than me or maybe we were the same age. But then I died before he did so my soul came back to an earthly body quicker than his did. Therefore I had to bide my time until he was old enough for me not to get arrested for being with him. You are thinking of that school teacher and her 12 year old student aren’t you? There isn’t THAT much age difference between us. I am thinking too much today. Thinking can be a dangerous pastime. Time to change the subject before you all think I am totally off my rocker and ready for the funny farm.
Lets talk about Babs. Yes, Babs the bunny is still with us. She is due to leave on Wednesday but I am thinking if ways to possibly getting her to extend her stay a bit more. I like her. But when Babs gets pissed, Babs gets pissed. Babs the bunny has little ways of showing me her displeasure. And when I don’t take her out every day to run around the house for a couple of hours, she gets pissed. I haven’t taken her out of her cage since Friday so she is rip roaring pissed now. She picks up things in her mouth and spits them through the bars of the cage so they fall on the floor of the guest room. So now I have rabbit food, wooden chew toys, carrot pieces and pine shavings all over the floor of the guest room. I think I’d better let her out of her cage for awhile today. She even bit my finger this morning. Yup, Babs is pissed.

I saw on the weather forecast that we are supposed to get snow flurries this week. I am floored! I knew the cold weather would be coming but I am always shocked when it finally arrives. It seems like each year I have less and less tolerance for cold weather. I would make a good snowbird I think. I wonder if I could talk G-man into moving to Savannah or something. I could move next door to Paula Deen and we could borrow cups of sugar from each other. What a life that would be. Could you imagine having Paula Deens kitchen? I would have thought I died and went to heaven. That’s a kitchen to kill for! G-man and I went to Savannah once and even spent some time in the area that Paula lives in. She didn’t have her cooking show at the time though and we didn’t know about her restaurant or we would have went there. I’ve wanted to go back to Savannah ever since. What a wonderful town! I didn’t care too much for Tybe Island but I loved old Savannah and River Street.
Sorry but we didn’t win the Powerball on Saturday. The winning numbers were 17-37-41-48-55-PowerBall-39. Lets try again though shall we? So everyone have your numbers in by Wednesday morning. The next Powerball is Wednesday night. The Powerball is up to 31 Million now! Don’t you feel lucky!
And speaking of lucky, my faith healer neighbor is probably not so lucky, or maybe she is depending on how you look at it. It’s getting cold now and she doesn't have any heat. Their gas was turned off and they don’t have the woodstove they got from the dump hooked up yet. Her husband has spent all weekend on it but still it sits in the garage. With the snow coming this week he had better get a move on or they will be left in the cold – literally. And don’t worry, when the fire breaks out after they light the woodstove I promise to take a few good pictures. Hell, I might even fire up the camcorder for that one. It’s not every day that you have a house fire in your neighborhood. I might sell marshmallows.




