
Today is the big day. A milestone in Sonny Boys life. Sonny Boy tries to get his drivers license this afternoon. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for him and for my poor vehicle. I don’t like the idea of him tooling around town in my vehicle with some stranger. I wish I could stay in the vehicle with them so if he is about to hit something I can yell so he won’t. I hope this person has the sense to keep an eye out for my vehicles safety, well and for Sonny Boys safety too. I’ll be a nervous wreck this afternoon. I am already stressing out about it. G-man is not making things any better. He came home for lunch and started asking me stupid questions. What if he passes the written test but not the driving test? He has already taken the written test and passed, he doesn’t have to take it again. What if he passes the driving test except the parallel parking? What if he hits another car while he is trying to parallel park? What if Daisy smacks you upside your head for asking too many questions? Is Daisy gonna have to smack a bitch? Sorry, I’ve been watching too many Dave Chappell reruns.

And speaking of TV shows, have you ever watched the show Family Plots? I had never seen it before until this morning. I got up and went into the TV room to drink my coffee and soon became engrossed in that show. I think I may be hooked now. What gruesome jobs though. Embalming, body pickup, funeral director. I used to live across the street from a funeral home. In fact that was where we were living the first time that Jules came to visit. I would never drink the water in that house because someone told me that in the basement of the funeral home they embalm the bodies and wash their blood down the drain. Gruesome, eh?
The snows came yesterday instead of today. Actually we didn’t get any snow to really speak of yet. We had a lot of flurries flying in the air yesterday and some today but nothing really stuck, which is good. But the cold, oh my gosh the cold. It is absolutely freezing both yesterday and today. So yesterday after I pick Lil Miss up from school I take her to the store and let her pick out a warm winter coat. I guess her mother doesn’t realize child support is for things like coats and not bar tabs. We got really lucky though and she ended up getting an $80 coat for only $21. The girl at the check out made a mistake in my favor for once. Way to go! As many mistakes as that store has made that weren’t in my favor I certainly wasn’t about to say anything. After the coat we picked Sonny Boy up from work. The moron was not wearing a coat. The bloody idiot did not wear a coat to work yesterday at all. And believe me it was bloody freezing yesterday with a bone chilling wind that cut right through you. I didn’t know whether to be madder at Sonny Boy or at G-man for letting him out of the house without a coat on. G-man drives Sonny Boy to work every morning. I’ll just kill 2 birds with one stone and knock their heads together.

Can you believe it, this time next week will be Thanksgiving. I have most of my Thanksgiving dinner shopping done. We haven’t purchased the turkey yet however because G-man’s employer gives him a gift certificate every Thanksgiving for a turkey. He should get that tomorrow so we will be getting the bird this weekend. G-man is in charge of the meat cooking in our house and he is really cutting it close this year as he is still trying to decide what cooking method to use. For the last couple of years he has fried the turkey. Prior to that he smoked the turkey on his smoker. He has been thinking about grilling the turkey on his Weber this year but I have to say I am not really thrilled about that. I miss having a good old fashioned roasted in the oven turkey. It’s not only the smells of the bird roasting but also the juices emanating. Talk about good gravy, eh?

With Thanksgiving being so close I have stepped up my holiday decorating, Christmas gift purchasing and such. I read on someone’s blog the other day that Christmas was only 39 days away. I went into a panic! I finished my 3rd afghan this morning. I finished the knitted scarf last week and I have a few other homemade gifts which I will probably never get around to finishing, but the thought is there and that’s what counts. I am trying to get the bulk of the holiday decorating done this week because my daughter and her solider boy husband are coming home for Thanksgiving next week. I am so excited! It’s been so long since I’ve seen them. They most likely will be in Germany by Christmas time so I want to have the tree and everything up by Thanksgiving so it will be festive for them. She is talking about doing gift exchange while they are here but I don’t know about that. I have barely begun my holiday shopping. I think she is used to the way Mommy used to be with having all of my holiday shopping done by the end of August. Sorry kiddo but times have changed and Mommy got old and disillusioned. Welcome to the real world. Hey, that sounds like a show! Ha ha.
The roof guy came by today. His estimate for patching up the roof to get us by until Spring is a mere $500. Then his recommendation is a new roof in the spring. His “off the top of his head” quote for the new roof was $5500. I almost passed out. I think I’d better give up this life of disability and go back to work. Life is beginning to get a little too expensive for my taste. Or I could go on Trading Spouses and get the $50,000 for being on the show. But if you know the premise of the show, the other mother gets to decide how you have to spend your $50,000. The other mother would probably have us spending our $50,000 on a yoga resort getaway vacation. All the yoga and meditation you could possibly want. Oh... goody...




