
I probably shouldn’t be allowed around children under the age of 12, much less my 5 year old granddaughter. The problem is I have a vivid imagination and you mix that with the imagination of a 5 year old and trouble soon follows. Yesterday we played Barbie’s. Lil Miss brought out the horses so the girlfriends could go for a horse back ride. I decided they were from Texas. Now I don’t have anything against the state of Texas nor the people of Texas. Texas is a great place and has some mighty fine BBQ. But Lil Miss’s Barbie’s (at the least the ones from Texas) are a little bit loose. In fact I would have to go as far as to say that they are floozies. My floozy jumped on her horse and rode away screaming “Wooooooo…. Go Texas!” Lil Miss’s floozy stood in the stable hollering at my floozy “pull your dress down you bad Texas girl”. “But I’m from Texas and we like to ride horses like that. Woooooo! Yee-haw!” The next thing I know Lil Miss’s texas floozy has hiked her dress up and is riding her horse around screaming “Wooooo!!!!”. Yes, I have set a bad example for Lil Miss. But anyone at or over the age of 40 that has to play Barbies has to take their fun where they can get it. Woooooo!!!!!

I would have taken a picture of G-man cooking dinner last night but I was too in shock of how he was doing it to take a picture. I even called Sonny Boy in the kitchen to watch the ritual. We were having cheeseburgers and fries. It only took G-man 1 ½ hours and about 20 assorted dishes and utensils to accomplish the meal. And that doesn’t include the dishes we ate on. G-man comes in the kitchen and puts on his lucky BBQ apron. (The one that has a picture of a pigs butt on it and says
Everybody needs a little Butt-Rub). Then he took out my postage scale and weighed balls of ground chuck until he had each ball weighing 4 ¾ ozs exactly. Then he proceeds to put his meat on my pancake griddle. Hell yes he did! Wait, maybe I should re-phrase that last sentence. I don’t want to come up on some strange Google search. Oh heck, yes I do. After he cooks the burgers he washes the pancake griddle and toasts the hamburger buns on it. This process that would take you or I 20 minutes tops (and we would have used a frying pan or stuck it in the broiler) it took G-man man 1 ½ hours to accomplish. And he used 3 plates just to make the burgers plus a meat platter to put the burgers on to be served at the table. He used several measuring spoons as he actually measured salt and pepper to put into the raw burger meat. Oh, and he measured some Worcestershire sauce to put in his meat too. And he used a separate measuring spoon for each spice and then put them in little ramekins like they do on the cooking shows. I don’t get it. He and I obviously have different philosophies on cooking. MY philosophy is to throw the meat in a bowl, sprinkle the seasonings, shape the patties and put immediately on the broiler pan or grill. You only mess up 1 bowl, the broiler pan or grill and your hands. His method… well we were cleaning dishes until 8:30pm. Men. Can’t live with ‘em – can’t shoot ‘em.
I’m sick. I have an ear infection. When I am sick I am mean. I want the whole world to feel as bad as I do. Beware! It would be one thing if I had a cold or the flu. Then I could lay on the sofa and sleep the illness away. But with an ear infection you can’t lay down because the fluid pressure in your ear builds up when you lay down and hurts worse. You can’t watch TV because sound hurts your ear. You can’t even yell at the dog because loud talking (especially your own) hurts your ear. So all you can do is play on the computer and that’s what I am doing. I am playing around with new designs for my blog. I haven’t come up with anything that I like as well sick as I would when I am well but the day is young. Don’t be surprised if you come here and everything looks different. You never know with me. Well, back to the drawing board.