
I didn’t really mention it but my eldest son was out of town again this week so we pet sat again. Last night when we were gone he came by to pick up Cloe the puppy but Babs is still here. I’m not sure what that means. Is he intending for her to stay here forever now? Is he just keeping her here until he has a chance to pick her up? Is he keeping her here because he plans on going out of town again? Who knows. Meanwhile Babs is enjoying her stay here and the personalized attention she receives at Chez Daisy.

We went on a road trip last night for dinner. How many people do you know that would drive 45 minutes to get fast food? Not many I assure you. We have heard good things about Church’s fried chicken. I know, we are probably the only people in the US that haven’t tried Church’s fried chicken. We love Popeye’s and in our mind had this illusion that Church’s was the Mecca of fried chicken. So we drove down to the south side last night just for some fried chicken. Went to Church’s fried chicken for dinner. I’ll tell you right now, it wasn’t worth the trip. I ate one piece and left the rest. It wasn’t worth bothering to chew. Maybe it was because we got the mild recipe instead of the spicy. Even hot sauce wasn’t helping that chicken.
Going on the far south side was interesting though. We saw things that we don’t normally see. Such as the washing machine in a persons front yard that was tied to a tree with a rope. The rope was wrapped around the tree/washer about 10 times so they really wanted to make sure no one walked away with it. And wouldn’t you know, I left my camera at home. Doesn’t it just figure! First, why would someone want to put a washing machine in their front yard if not to have the trash people pick it up. And second, why would they tie a rope around it? It’s not like someone is going to come up and walk away with it. And if they did, isn’t the whole point of putting it outside to get rid of it anyway? I don’t get it.

Something way cool happened to me yesterday afternoon. The UPS man dropped off a Birthday present from Jules. Thank you so much Jules. I know I was supposed to wait until my birthday next Thursday to open it but what the heck. I ripped that puppy open on the spot. You’ll find I do the same thing with Christmas presents. At least I am predictable, eh?! The thing I love about Jules is she always puts in a variety of things in a present. You never know what you are going to open next. And she certainly didn’t disappoint. She sent the coolest assortment of scrapbook supplies, a small scrapbook, a Thanksgiving kitchen towel, a Thanksgiving fiber optic turkey (which I will definitely be having on the table to Turkey day), some pills for road rage (which I can use) and a sweet funny card. Did I forget anything? Oh yes! The confetti! The box was filled with colored confetti! I didn’t open the presents until maybe 15 minutes later because we were all playing with the confetti. We are simple people and easy to please. Just give us some shredded paper and we are happy. Thanks Jules! You’re the greatest!

Today is one of those Saturdays that I would gladly skip. I didn’t even get to sleep in. It was up and at ‘em bright and early at 7:00 this morning. Today is…. (sob)… holiday cleaning day. Yes, that time of year I dread when we dust the entire house, put away everything that we causally just laid about the house during the summer and generally do deep cleaning. This sucks! If I survive it I will post on Sunday. If you never hear from me again you will know that one of the dust devils under the sofa strangled me when I tried to hoover it out. I’m a scared!




