
I’ve been a busy little bee the last couple of days. I spent all of yesterday afternoon putting up my Christmas Village. I am ashamed to show it to you though because hardly any of it is actually put up and arranged. There is just so much to it. I got al of the pieces out of storage and unpacked half of them and put it on the table. Keep in mind that the above picture is only half of my Christmas Village stuff. Yes, it’s an obsession with me.
I had a brilliant idea this year. I have far too many Christmas Village pieces for my mantle so I decided to make a little snow scene in my china cupboard. It turned out really nice. I put the scene on the top shelf of the china cupboard, and I am going to put another snow scene on the shelf below it. And of course I will also put up my normal Christmas Village on the mantle. When it’s all said and done I’ll post some pictures. But for now I’m just a Busy Little Bee

I let Babs the bunny out of her cage while I was arranging my Christmas Village. I put her down in the family room with me. She is such a sweet bunny and I am really enjoying having her here. That little stinker is so curious. She hopped up on the woodstove and was sniffing around. That’s the first time I have seen her do that. See picture below. After I put her back in her cage I rubbed her fur and talked gently to her. Do you know what she did? She licked my hand the way a cat would. I’ve never had a bunny do that before. My heart just melted when she did that. Have you ever heard of a bunny doing that before?

Later in the evening G-man and I went out to dinner and then shopping. While I was looking at the ornaments he was looking at artificial Christmas trees. He is wanting to buy a new one this year. You see, last year G-man had a little … problem… with the tree. I always put the tree together and he puts the lights on it. Then we both put the many many ornaments on it. He looked at the tree after I put it up and he thought that the top was leaning ever so slightly. So he pulled and tugged to try and make it straight. I thought it was already perfectly straight. Men…. Anyway, he pulled and tugged so hard that he broke the top off. I was pissed! We were able to wrap some duct tape around it and you couldn’t tell it was broken. And you couldn’t see the duct tape either. Perfect solution, right? Not for G-man. His thinking is that he knows it is broken therefore it tales away form his enjoyment of the holidays. Good grief Charlie Brown! And we are not easy people to please when it comes to Christmas trees. No cheap plain trees for us. We like the ones that start at $200 and go up in price from there. We had even talked about buying a real tree this year. But then we couldn’t put it up Thanksgiving week as I wanted to because it would dry out by Christmas. Decisions, decisions.

Today is a busy day around the Daisy household. It is leaf day. I get the easy part. I just used the leaf blower a little bit, yawned and said my back hurt, then went into the house to watch some TV. It’s a hard life. G-man and Sonny Boy are almost done with the front yard. They’ve been at it for about 5 hours now. I was out there for awhile but then the faith healer neighbor came over. Wait till you hear this one! I had noticed that they had a cut up tree in their back yard. It wasn’t from their yard though and they don’t have a fireplace or woodstove so I thought it was a bit odd. She proceeds to tell me that they found a woodstove in the city dump about five years ago and have had it in their garage ever since. They had their gar shut off for non-payment and they decided not to have it turned back on because natural gas prices have rise so much this season. And since they have gas heat, they decided to put the woodstove in and heat their entire house with the woodstove. So her hubby has been trying to install the woodstove all day. They don’t even have a chimney so I am wondering how he is going to be able to accomplish this. But he is a self proclaimed prophet so I am sure he knows what he is doing. As fort he wood, she was driving down the road a couple of weeks ago and saw some tree people cutting down a tree next to the side of the highway. She stopped and asked if she could have it. They said yes but she would have to haul it and cut it up. They would cut the tree in 5 foot sections but that was as far as they would go with it. She had hr husband drive by that highway and pick the wood up. Being freshly cut, this is not seasoned firewood. I’d be surprised if they can get it to burn. She told me that she thought you only have to have seasoned firewood for fireplaces but that you could burn anything in the woodstove. Sorry but that’s not the way it works. Tell you what. When they fire up the woodstove for the first time and the fire trucks arrive to put out their house fire I’ll take pictures for you.




