
Something else happened last night that wasn’t so lucky. I took Babs the
And speaking of bitch, lets discuss Lil Miss’s mother. Lil Miss’s mother is stupid. I am talking a real bonehead people. Dumb as a doorknob folks. Once again she didn’t tell me if I was to pick Lil Miss up from school or if she would be picking her up. So 30 minutes before Lil Miss was to be picked up I called Lil Miss’s mother’s home phone number. No one answered and I did not leave a message on the answering machine. I had called from my cell phone. If you are familiar with cell phones (as everyone except Lil Miss’s mother is) you know that they show you the number that is calling. And if you have that persons number in your address book on the phone it will show up as that persons name when the call comes in. So about 5 minutes after I call Lil Miss’s mother’s house my cell phone rang. By the display I could see it was Lil Miss’s mother calling from her home phone number. So I answered the phone. It wasn’t Lil Miss’s mother’s voice. It was a guy and he said “Is Dave there?” I said “Sorry you have the wrong number.” “He apologized and hung up. Then about 15 minutes later Lil Miss’s mother calls (from her home phone) and says “I just wanted to let you know I don’t get off work until 4:00 so I need you to pick Lil Miss up from school.” Interesting, eh? The only thing I can assume is that her work is at home with her new boy toy.

If you read yesterdays post you recall that G-man had a wardrobe malfunction at work and needed to come home and change pants. Therefore he decided last night that he should just purchase some new Dockers slacks for work. In the course of shopping we happened to stop by Burlington Coat Factory. Tracy had mentioned the other day that she had seen a purse there that looked just like the one my sister in law got me from China Town in NYC for my birthday. You know, that gaudy shiny gold monstrosity. I just had to see for myself. Tracy was right (as if there was any doubt). It was a smaller version of what the SIL gave me but it was the same style alright and even the same tag on the bag. I can only assume one of three things from this.
- My sister in law got ripped off in China Town (no big shocker there)
- Burlington Coat Factory buys their bags from China Town
- My sister in law lied and actually purchased the bag from Burlington Coat Factory
I am tending to go with number 2 because I saw other designer bag knockoffs in Burlington Coat Factory. Although I would have to say that number one is correct as well.

Lil Miss has a half-day of school today. This time her mother actually asked me last night if I would pick her up today. So I am debating on the afternoon’s activities. I have wanted to take Lil Miss to the mall to the Build A Bear Workshop for some time now. Actually since last March when my mother and I went to one in California with my cousin and her daughter. It is one of those stores where you pick out the stuffed animals body, then you take it to the stuffing machine and stuff it yourself, pick out a heart and place it in the chest, have the body sewn, pick out an outfit for it, name it and then adopt it. I am trying to rationalize the expense of such a gift prior to the holidays. It’s not that it is expensive because it really isn’t (depending on the body you pick). It’s more the fact that you shouldn’t give your granddaughter presents before Christmas. Do you know what I mean? This would fall under the category of spoiling ones granddaughter wouldn’t it? I am trying to tell myself that this is an early Christmas present or perhaps a very belated Birthday present. (Her birthday is in June). And speaking of Lil Miss it’s just about time to go and sit in the carpool line at school. Have to get there early for the best position in line you know. I’ll let you know tomorrow how the belated Birthday present early Christmas present goes.




