
Happy Thanksgiving ya’ll! Yes, this is the day us Americans spend all day in the kitchen cooking up a storm only to have people come in and spent 15 minutes eating it. Why do we do it? What is Thanksgiving about anyway? In the rush to start the Christmas season Thanksgiving has become merely a day for us to eat a lot and rest up for black Friday. To those who aren’t familiar with black Friday, that is the busiest shopping day of the year. I went out on the black Friday madness once and only once. I swore I would never do it again and thus far I haven’t. Poor Sonny Boy has to work tomorrow on black Friday. What makes that worse is he works in retail. Scary isn’t it? He has to be there at 5:45am as the doors open at 6am. I told him to be aware that there will be lines of people waiting to get in when he arrives at work. Poor kid. Scary to think of throwing a seventeen year old to that pack of wolves, eh?

Do you recall that I mentioned that the faith healer neighbor and her self proclaimed prophet husband are going to spend Thanksgiving in Florida? And do you also recall that these are the same people that do not have any heat in their house because they couldn’t pay their gas bill, thus the gas was shut off and they had gas heat. No gas, no heat. So he has been trying to put in a woodstove for the last two weeks. By the way, he still doesn’t have it installed. So they have decided to drive their beat up mini-van to Florida to go to Disney. It’s just a mere seventeen hour drive each way. They are taking their seven year old booger picking 150 pound daughter, their twenty year old chain smoking (who they swear doesn’t smoke) jobless son, and his nineteen year old girlfriend that just graduated…finally.
Yesterday after I picked up my five year old granddaughter (Lil Miss) from school and my seventeen year old son (Sonny Boy) from work we pull in the driveway, get out of the car and are walking to the house when I see Deb, the faith healer neighbor coming across our lawn. She says she has a huge favor to ask me and for some reason the Lord asked her to ask me this favor. She doesn’t know why, but the Lord has his reasons. She could have asked another friend but the Lord instructed her to ask me and what the Lord wants the Lord gets. The favor was she wanted me to watch their dog and their bunny while they are gone. Their cat is fine as they are just leaving it in the house alone with a huge bucket of water and a bucket of food. I am cursing myself inside while my mouth forms the word “Okay”. Damn those vocal cords of mine! She gave me a huge hug and said the Lord would reward me and I was doing the Lords work by watching her bunny and dog. She goes over to get the bunny and we settle their bunny (Oreo) in Lil Miss’s bedroom where we still have Babs the bunny staying. (Babs is the houseguest that won’t leave. We have been pet sitting her for well over a month now). The Faith healers dog is an outside dog and has never seen the inside of a house. All I would have to do is go over twice a day and give it food and water. I ask her about the dog food and where I could find it. She tells me not to worry about that, just to give the dog water. She said that they are filling the dog food dish up to the brim so the dog won’t need anymore food until they return 5 or 6 days from now. I don’t know about you but there is no way my dog’s food dish would hold enough food to last him for 6 days and I doubt theirs would either. So I’ll end up having to buy a bag of dog food and feeding their dog because they are too ignorant to provide their dog with adequate food. Bunch of hill-jacks!

Lil Miss and I watched them out of the window as they packed their van up for the seventeen hour journey. They don’t have suitcases so they packed their clothing in big black garbage bags and tied it to the top of the mini-van. I wish I had the balls to take a picture of it, you would have loved it! Seriously, their luggage is black garbage bags. I can see them going into the local Dollar Inn carrying these garbage bags. And to cut down on hotel expenses they are driving all night long without stopping to sleep. In fact, the reason they left so late was because Deb had to clean a house (She’s cleans houses for a living) so she could earn enough to cover their gas expenses.

After the excitement of having a new bunny in the house died down yesterday, Lil Miss and I set about putting up a small Christmas tree I had found in our garage. I don’t recall buying this tree. But it is brand new and has never been taken out of the box before. All I can figure is that I purchased it at an after-Christmas sale last year and forgot about it. It’s a cute tree. I put white lights all over it and sparkly garland while Lil miss decorated the tree with pink, purple and silver balls and twisty ornaments. It looks so nice.

Back to my hill-jack neighbors. This morning Sony Boy goes across the street to the faith healers house to give water to the dog and that’s when he was able to tale the picture of the spilled over food they left the dog. That is the way they left it for the poor dog. They also left a dish of water. Only is was 20 degrees today at its warmest so when he went over to fill up the water he found a bowl of frozen ice. We had to take over one of our bowls to give the poor dog fresh water. Oh and he took a picture of their nasty grill too. Could you imagine eating food that came off of that? I am shuddering just thinking about it.

I’ll tell you all about our Thanksgiving day in tomorrows post. For now I am going to sit in front of the fire and watch “A Christmas Story” that some wonderful friend sent me via UPS. It arrived just in time for Thanksgiving. More on that tomorrow, but I just wanted to mention that Nancy is TOPS! Don’t you think she deserves a nice shiny gold purse that a certain tasteless sister in law sent me? Don’t you think Nancy should be the new proud owner of such a lovely purse? What is it they say? No good deed should go unpunished. I guess sending her that purse would be a punishment. I think maybe something a little nicer is in store. Thanks Nancy!!!




