
I received a disturbing email from my sister in law. It seems that she and my mother in law will be flying out to spend Christmas with us. The scary part? She will be going to Israel with her husband for 2 weeks before Christmas and told me that she will be buying our Christmas presents from there. Yes, this is the same sister in law that gave me the gold shiny purse for my birthday. I am scared. The memory of the tissue holder (pictured above) that she got me in Dubai still haunts me. She gave that to me one year for Christmas. I had to ask her what it was. And to add insult to injury she told me that when she saw it she knew it would fit right into my décor. What? Is she saying my house is decorated in early Middle-Eastern yard sale? If that’s the case I may want to think about redecorating.

I spent 2 hours of my day in Hobby Lobby this morning looking at yarn. They have a wide variety of that cool yarn that everyone is using now days and I wanted to get in on the action. I knit and crochet enough to say I can do it but I can’t do the fancy stuff like knit socks or anything. I can crochet up a mean afghan though or a knit a dandy scarf. Anyway, after 2 hours I finally decided on the above. That’s the problem when you have such a large variety. You end up still not having what the customer wants. I would find the yarn in the colors I wanted but not the styles. Or I would find the styles but not the color. Isn’t it always the way? I know, it’s a woman thing.
It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is a couple of weeks away. The problem is our weather doesn’t feel like November weather (it’s in the high 70’s) so my body is tricked into not thinking it is Thanksgiving. Therefore I have done no preparation whatsoever. Not a thing. This is worrisome to me as I like to have everything organized and well planned out. At the rate I’m going we’ll be eating TV dinners. Heck, I don’t even have my Christmas shopping started. I feel like I can hear a giant clock ticking away and I keep getting anxious. Kind of like that feeling that you get when you are going on a big trip and forget to take the time to pack until 30 minutes before you leave for the airport. Yes, I am stressing already. How many days till Christmas again?




