Monday, October 10, 2005
The Protector of Cookies


You won’t believe what I tried to eat for breakfast/lunch today. Yup, Kraft Mac and Cheese. The crappy cheap rot gut kind that you used to get as a kid. What the hell is wrong with me? I didn’t like that stuff as a kid so why would I think that I would like it now? Two bites were all I could take, now it’s in the kitchen gathering dust. What the hell was I thinking? (sorry, it’s a slow news day)

I picked up Lil Miss as normal after school today and off we went to pick up Sonny Boy from work. We are chatting as we drove and she mentioned that she told her teacher about Marshmallow (her hamster) dying this weekend. I once again assured her that she would see Marshmallow when she went to heaven. This time I added that it wouldn’t be for a long time though because she had a long happy life to live. She says “I know, I’m not going to die until I’m old, like 15!” I started laughing and I think she realized she hadn’t counted high enough so she says “Maybe I shouldn’t die until I’m REALLY old like 25!”

We have found out who/what is in the process of moving in across the street. Lets just say that house will now be known as “Sluts R Us”. Yes, three young women will be moving in. I originally thought it was 3 older women, but as it turns out my eyesight needs to be checked. G-man's eyesight does not need to be checked as he is the one who quickly confirmed that they were not old sea hags as I had hoped. I am such a bad person that when they put their new resident card in the mailbox for the postman I read it. They had gone for the evening so I didn’t get caught. I now have all three of their names. What do I do? An internet search of course. The only thing I was able to pull up is that a female basketball player in Bloomington has the same name as one of the girls. I don’t think it is the actual girl across the street because the girl across the street does not look athletic enough to be a basketball player. She might win in a pie eating contest though. Don’t you think it is interesting that 3 sluts young gals are moving next door to a faith healing religious fanatic. It should be an interesting winter.



Interesting thing about that Entertainment 2006 book I ordered from Lil Miss at the beginning of September. If you will remember Lil Miss’s mother never turned any order or my check into the school. The books were delivered over 2 weeks ago. And remember on Friday when she called me from the school and told me not to pick up Lil Miss that day? Well, Mrs. Bowman DID talk to Lil Miss’s mother on Friday about the situation. So Lil Miss’s mother pulls my check out of her purse and turns it over to Mrs. Bowman and tells her she just found it in Lil Miss’s backpack that morning. Likely story. So this afternoon Lil Miss’s mother tells me “Guess what, the Entertainment 2006 books were finally delivered. I’ll get you yours tomorrow.” Maybe while she is at it she can get me my babysitting money that she is 3 weeks in the arrears on.

Another interesting thing that happened this afternoon was Lil Miss’s mothers reaction to the new sluts gals across the street. When she found out that 3 sluts gals in their early 30’s were moving in she got a mean look on her face and said that my eldest son (Lil Miss’s daddy) better not go over there EVER! Well I think I need to send him over there to borrow some sugar once they get settled in. Seriously though, they broke up 2 years ago and she lives with another sugar daddy now so what business is it of hers who he sees. A nasty piece of work, that one.



And speaking of a piece of work, I did some work this evening. Not a nasty piece of work though, a sweet one. Cookie time! Take a good look at those cookies above because by the time I go to bed tonight they will all be gone. That’s what happens when you live with 2 male cookie monsters. That’s why I hide the holiday cookies I made at Christmas. It’s nothing to look in my PJ drawer in December and find a box of homemade fudge or a tin of sugar cookies. A gal has to do what a gal has to do. That’s my lot in life, the protector of cookies. A tough job but someone’s got to do it.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 7:42 PM | Permalink |