
I sort of thought I might not blog today because I am in such a bad mood but then I thought, isn’t that was blogging is for, to vent? So here goes. How would you like to have a prior commitment and you needed your granddaughter to be picked up by 4:30 so you could go do that commitment but her father says to just take her with you and he will pick her up that night when you are back in town even though you won’t be back in town until 8 or 9pm or possibly even later than that. All so he can get drunk while his mother is watching his kid. I am so damned pissed. He couldn’t bother to come to where we were 30 miles away and pick his daughter up so she didn’t have to walk around stores and sit in the car for 3 or 4 hours, oh hell no. That would be too responsible. So by the time we left that town at almost 9pm Lil Miss was cranky and tired. I didn’t even make her seat belt. I just pulled out our emergency blanket and sat in the back with her and let her lay with her head in my lap and sleep on the way back. Then we get home and her father is passed out on my sofa drunk off his ass. I am so disappointed and so mad at him. The today he calls and asks to borrow money until payday so he can buy groceries and gas. Maybe if you didn’t spend your money getting drunk you would have money for groceries and gas. Damn I am pissed. I am having a hard time getting over this one. My lips are clenched so tight that they look like Reba McIntyre lips. Tight and thin.

And to make me even more pissed off Lil Miss’s mother is just as irresponsible. More than a month ago I ordered an Entertainment 2006 book from Lil Miss with encouragement from her mother. It was $25. If you remember the story of my ex-friend Betsy and the school thing I ordered from her for her son it too was $25. Anyway, I remember on the form it said that the books would be in sometime in September. I forget the exact date. So I asked Lil Miss’s mother last week if the books had come in. “No”, she replied, “I think it will be at the end of October or something”. I thought that to be a little odd. So yesterday afternoon when I went to pick up Lil Miss from school I went into the office and asked when the books would be delivered. They looked at me like I was crazy and told me to talk to Mrs. Bowman. So I seek her out and ask her. She explains that the last of the books were delivered 2 weeks ago. She asked Lil Miss’s name and looked it up and it seems that Lil Miss had not turned in any order for any books, nor had she returned the sample book. How wonderful. Ripped off again and once again for $25 for a school fundraiser. That officially does it for me. No more school fundraisers for me.
This afternoon Lil Miss’s mother was supposed to eat lunch with her at school. Just after Lil Miss’s lunch time my cell phone rang. I saw that it was Lil Miss’s mother. I didn’t pick up the phone because I was in a store at the cash register. She left a rather curt message. She said I did not need to pick up Lil Miss from school today. And I could hear the sounds of the school kids in the background so she was obviously still at school. Here is what I think happened. I think that Mrs. Bowman had a talk with Lil Miss’s mother. Because yesterday when I explained the situation Mrs. Bowman got really mad at Lil Miss’s mother. I wish I had never brought the matter up now. You know who will end up paying for this in the long run? Lil Miss. And that’s not right. It’s just not right at all. Life is unfair to kids.




