
Yesterday afternoon Lil Miss decided she wanted to make a pumpkin pie. Actually she really wanted to eat the canned whipped cream and she figured the pie was a good excuse I think. So when we went to pick up Sonny Boy from work we went into the store and purchased a can of pumpkin, some Pillsbury pie crust and a can of reddiwhip. We get home and all I did was to put the pie crust in the pie plate and open the cans. She cracked the eggs, measured the cinnamon and ginger, beat the mixture with a whisk, added the pumpkin I, beat it some more, added the evaporated milk in, beat it some more and then helped me pour it in the pie crust. So really she did make the pie. And of course she had to let all of us know it at dinner. She proudly announced to everyone “I’m a good cook. I’m the bestest cook ever!” You know, after tasting her pie I think she might be right, she is a good cook. I’ll take all of the credit for that though. She gets her “cook” genes from my side of the family. We are known to be very good cooks on my side. Not bragging, it’s just a fact. G-man’s side? Well the best thing his mother made was reservations. I don’t know how he turned out to be such a good cook. Just a fluke I guess. Or maybe it rubbed off from hanging around me. (Good think I’m modest, eh?)
By the way, don’t google whipped cream images. What comes up isn’t pretty.

I was in a cooking mood too so I made homemade fried chicken (excellent but still not my mothers who makes the best fried chicken in the world), mashed potatoes, cream gravy, the last of the fresh green beans from our garden, fresh tomatoes from our garden in a vinaigrette and rolls. I was in the kitchen cooking from 3:15pm until I served it at 6PM. Then I was in the kitchen washing dishes (I don’t trust my dishwasher and therefore rarely use it) until almost 7PM. I was worn out. I mean really wiped out, back aching, head hurting, cramped neck, bitched out, dog tired wiped out. But the best part – after dinner Lil Miss ate her piece of pie and then ran up to me, hugged me and said “I love you Gwanma”. I melted right on the spot. It doesn’t get any better than that. It made it all worth it.
Today is my busy day. Considering my busy day doesn’t absolutely have to start until 2Pm I am taking advantage of not being busy and am typing this is my PJs and robe after spending the first hour of my day watching Dawson’s Creek (the prom episode on the boat where Pacey and Joey break up) and the second hour reading blogs. You see we have to travel to a town 45 minutes or more away this afternoon. That is after I pick up Lil Miss from school and Sonny Boy from work. Then we have to wait around until 8:30PM for Sonny Boy to finish taking a test. So that leaves a lot of down time for G-man, Lil Miss and myself. Down time which will be spent dining and shopping I am sure all because G-man does not want to use the extra gas (and time) by taking us home and then going back to pick up Sonny Boy when he is through. So this way by dragging all of us up there for a 4 hour wait it means that we will spend about $100 - $150 in dining and shopping. But the good news is we will be saving $5 in gas. Gotta watch out for that gas consumption you know. Life is all about priorities.




