Saturday, October 15, 2005
I’m Only Mad When I’m Pissed Off


Okay, I’m pissed now. Yesterday I was mildly annoyed at the Mr. DeafEars at the bank. But this morning I am at and out pissed off. I don’t think he knows who he is messing with. First off Sonny Boy and I go and sit in the chairs directly outside of his office while we wait for him to finish flirting with the teller he has in his office. Finally the teller goes back to work. Does Mr. DearEars come out and say “Hello, nice to meet you Sonny Boy, step in my office please.” No he does not. He sits behind his desk and hollers “Hey - Sonny Boy, come here”.

We go into his office against my better judgment. Things seem to be going fine until I ask how much interest Sonny Boy will be earning on his savings account. “None” replies Mr. DeafEars. None? He says “well it might as well be nothing, we don’t give much interest to kids or anyone else for that matter. You have to have like $7,000 or $10,000 in an account before we will really give you any interest.” At this point I am wondering why they have a sign in the foyer listing the interest rates that savings accounts get there. Because according to know it all DeafEars they don’t give interest to anyone. With that being done Sonny Boy gives him the cash that he wants to deposit. It was all in 50’s. Sonny Boy said he only wanted to deposit $340 of it which means that DeafEars had to get off of his lazy butt and get Sonny Boy $10 in change. Mr. DeafEars comes back and hands Sonny Boy $10 all in one dollar bills. WTF? It was pretty apparent by thus time that DearEars was being an asshole on purpose. I think it was because we didn’t go with his recommendation of a checking account and I called him out on it and forced him to give Sonny Boy the savings account that we wanted. I have decided that I need to write a letter to the corporate office for the bank and tell them of my horrible experience with Mr. DeafEars. He is only a lowly account manager so he doesn’t know who he is messing with. I taught the bank president how to use the software that they use and I even gave the bank president my personal phone numbers and emails to contact me at any time during the implementation so we have a history with each other. So Mr. New Kid on the Block DeafEars does NOT know whom he has talked down to. What’s that on that platter? Just Mr. DeafEars head. RIP!



Remember how I said I was in a soul food mood yesterday and we were going to our favorite soul food restaurant? Well it’s the last time I am going there. Funny but I vaguely remember writing that after the last time I went there. I have tracked down the source of my discomfort this time. It is the collard greens that are cooked in pork fat. I was so miserable last night after dinner. I wanted to stick my finger down my throat and get it over with instead of merely being on the verge of throwing up for 4 hours. But that too passed and life goes on.

Today the new neighbors across the street are in the process of moving in. I must say I have my doubts. Remember how we thought it was 3 older gals at first and then we thought it was 3 younger gals. Now G-man thinks it is a mother and her 2 daughters. I beg to differ because they all 3 have different last names. Anyway, it should be interesting unfortunately. They have the whole gang over there today helping them move in. I have counted 16 vehicles. They haven’t rented a u-haul truck or anything. Why bother doing that when you can load a sofa on this pickup truck, a mattress in that mini-van, a box spring on the small trailer that the Honda Civic is towing, etc. Thus you have 16 vehicles lined up and down the street and if you want to get out of your driveway forget it, no one is going up or down this street at all until they decide to move some of the many vehicles that are blocking the street and they don’t look like they are moving anytime soon. This is not a good way to ingratiate yourself to your new neighbors by blocking everyone on street in. Why couldn’t the house just have stayed vacant forever? And why does that stupid landlord insist on renting to large households of people. You would have thought he would have learned with the last 20 people that lived in there (at the same time).



We are thinking about going away for the remainder of the weekend or at least on a day trip tomorrow. We aren’t sure where or when but we are sure that we want to. We are considering Chicago or maybe Michigan. There is a little town on Lake Michigan called New Buffalo that would be nice to visit for a day trip or even an over nighter. I think we need to get away after what happened this morning. G-man and I were looking out of our window at the new neighbors move in and we saw Deb (the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor) come out of the house in her nightgown. We feel ill now. Oh the humanity! So there was only one thing to do after we saw her come out to her driveway in her sheer nightie (all 350 pounds of her). I walked over and said hello. We stood there and chatted for about 30 minutes while openly ogling the new neighbors and their gang moving everything in. While we were standing there she told me about her recent trip to Jamaica that her church had sponsored. Apparently they ran into some voodoo while down there. I’ve got your attention now don’t I?

Deb (the faith healer) and her husband (the prophet) were in this small church in a valley in Jamaica for Sunday morning church service. The elder from their church here was there with them. The service went on for about 1 ½ hours when suddenly this woman came in and jumped up on the pulpit and grabbed the microphone from the pastor. She said something in the pastors ears and the pastor walked away to the side of the pulpit. The woman then began to do a dirty dance on the pulpit and was touching herself in some strange erotic ways while dancing. Then another woman came up to the pastor and started running her hands all over his body in a sexual way while dancing. Deb said the pastor got a glazed look in his eyes. Then the woman on the pulpit started chanting loudly while dancing and saying things in a different language while still dancing and touching her private areas. The elder looked at Deb and her hubby and told them “we need to leave now, the devil has taken over the service.” Later they were riding in the van and they saw a voodoo church and saw the woman and the pastor coming out of the front door of the known voodoo church. That night the pastor came back to the compound and they questioned him about what happened that morning. He said that when things like that happen he has no choice but to go with the flow or it will disturb the service even more. He said it was tow woman from a known voodoo church that had come in and disrupted things. He is afraid to cross the people from the Voodoo church. The elder tried telling the pastor that he needs to make a stand against the devil or his church would become a voodoo church (if it hasn’t all ready). And the pastor said he was too weak against the flesh. So Deb told him that God would deal with him if he didn’t take a stance and grab his church back from the devil and it wouldn’t be a pretty sight when God did that. Doesn’t it sound like something you would read in a horror book or see in a movie? Wow! And with that I leave you for the weekend. I’ll be sure to take my camera with me though and try to get tons of inappropriate pictures for you wherever our travels end up taking us. May the force be with you!

NOTE: Deb just stopped by because she forgot to tell me a key element of the voodoo story. She said that when the woman started dancing and rubbing against the pastor, the pastor’s wife got jealous and jumped up on the side of the pulpit and grabbed the pastor’s “package” and started stroking it and rubbing her ta-ta’s against the pastor and then started dry humping the pastor on the pulpit. That’s when Deb and crew left. Isn’t that the craziest mess you have ever heard? And I didn’t even tell you the story of the thick fog that covered only the church revival area that night and none of the rest of the island and of the little boy that was possessed. I don’t think I want to visit Jamaica EVER!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 1:27 PM | Permalink |