
Hey, whadda ya know, G-man has wood, and lots of it! Just when we had given up yesterday on finding any wood and we were headed back to the city, there it was. (Do you hear the sounds of angels singing now?) It was a small broken down farm house with a homemade sign out front that said “firewood for sale”. If you know anything about firewood in the Midwest, it is sold by the rick or half-rick here instead of the cord. I don’t know if that is the same as a cord exactly but it does translate into a lot of wood. More wood than we could carry in our SUV that’s for sure. So we went with the 1/2 Rick. But you know what those crazy country boys did? They stuck 3/4 of a rick in old Bessie. So we got 1/4 of a rick for free! It was well worth the $5 we tipped them. They were kind of scary though. If you have ever seen the movie Deliverance you know what I mean. I would have taken a few pictures of the experience but I don’t think they would have welcomed cameras. No evidence is their motto I think.

After we unload all of the wood, split it and stack it I am ready to get out of the house again. So it is off to my favorite craft store. I am looking at some scrapbooking stickers, just minding my own business when this nut job comes walking down the aisle and flounced his feather boa at me. Yes, I was afraid, very afraid. And afterwards when we are in a department store, this nut job comes up to me again, this time with a huge teddy bear. He is really starting to scare me.

Today is “family dinner” Sunday so G-man and I have been slaving away in the kitchen all day. Lets see, today’s fare is Roasted chicken rubbed with fresh herbs, a certain kind of roasted potato I do with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, cracked black pepper and kosher salt. And then some homemade cranberry/orange sauce, steamed broccoli and steaming hot rolls. Hungry yet? Dinner’s at five which means it will be ready at six.
Our Powerball numbers were a bust last night. Not even one of them was on the Powerball. I am game for another try though. Next try is Wednesday nights drawing. Numbers have to be in by noon on Wednesday. This time pick the winning numbers okay? I guess I should have specified that in my last Powerball post. Winning numbers only. This week we went with 09-13-17-34-38 and Powerball being 23 and I also played last weeks number again of 06-09-24-30-48 with Powerball of 33. So give me your winning numbers. Remember, it’s an even spilt among all who play, minus the cost of the ticket of course. Now, back to the kitchen.




