
We went to Oktoberfest last night on the south side of the city. Who would have thought of having Oktoberfest in September. Those crazy Germans. I have come to the conclusion that Germans chain smoke, drink beer by the gallon and dance a lot. Or maybe that was just the Germans I saw last night. Instead of calling it Oktoberfest they should have called it Smokefest. We had a wonderful time though. It was a Podunk festival but we enjoyed it.
I meant to take my camera with me but of course I forgot it. It’s such a shame because there were so many “perfect” photos to be taken last night. Like of all of the men in their short lederhosen and the women in their dresses (whatever you call those dresses) and the little girls with the wreaths of flowers in their hair and trailing ribbons. It was such a nice time. They had several live bands. Three bands were playing on different areas of the festival at the same time. Did you know that the Chicken Dance song is German? I didn’t know that until last night. You get a few hundred drunk Germans together doing the chicken dance and you have a great time. I wanted to get up on the dance floor myself but I was too shy. A couple more beers and I wouldn’t have been too shy.
While we were sitting at a picnic table on the edge of the dance floor watching the dancers, we were being watched. Or at least Sonny Boy was being watched. Two giggly teenage girls stood behind me (not realizing that I was with Sonny Boy) and started arguing over which girl he belonged to. He’s mine, “No he’s mine, I saw him first so he mine, No he’s mine cause I called dibs first.” It was pretty funny. And while Sonny Boy was oblivious to all of this, the many older ladies and gents that were sitting around us were not so oblivious to it. In fact they were rather entertained by it as was G-man and myself. Finally they stood in front of Sonny Boy and said “hello”. He said hi and then turned back to watch the dancers. They pressed the issue and were determined to have a conversation with him though. "Our names are such and such, what's yours". He thought real quick and then gave them a flase name, "Johnathan" he said. He told us later that he was going to give them his best friends name and phone number but his friends name is the same as his name so that wouldn't have worked out too well. “So where did you get your pants? Did you get them at Hot Topics?” His reply was “No, I can’t afford pants so I have to wear my friends pants.” “Cool. So like, what’s your name? Do you go to school around here? Wanna hang out with us? We’re not normal, we’re freaks but that’s cool. If you get tired of hanging out with the normal people just come and hang with us, we’re not normal.” The older gals and gents are openly pointing and laughing at Sonny Boy at this point. The two girls slink off but holler “We’ll be right back here if you wanna hang out with some not normal people.” Needless to say Sonny Boy was more than a little embarrassed but he was impressed with his own animal magnetism.

I bought the coolest candle holder yesterday. And it was on sale at 75% off! I have no idea what I am going to do with it or even if I am going to keep it. But at 75% off it was too good of a bargain to pass up. Isn’t it the prettiest candle holder you have ever seen?






