Wednesday, September 28, 2005
It’s Officially Dumb-ass Day

I am dog tired today. I couldn’t sleep very well last night because I had horrid pains in my back. It’s a vicious cycle. I get horrible back pain at night because I tried to live a normal life during the day. People with failed spinal fusions should not try to live normal lives, it always catches up with you. So on rare occasions I end up taking morphine at night because the pain is so bad, such as last night. But the morphine interferes with my sleep and I can only sleep an hour at a time it seems, so I am a zombie the next day. Welcome to my day today.

To make matters worse I take Sonny Boy out for a driving lesson today. For the first 10 minutes he drove worse than my Grandmother did when she was in her late 80’s. (and that was pretty bad considering she drove through the front of her apartment once, drove on the wrong side of the major highway a couple of times, ect, etc. Oh the stories I could tell). Sonny Boy seemed determined to absentmindedly blow through every stop sign we came to. Thankfully there was no traffic around or we would have had a major car accident. After the first 10 minutes he finally got his focus and then he drove almost perfectly. Am I to take this to mean that every time he gets behind the wheel he is going to drive like an 87 year old woman for the first 10 minutes? That’s not going to fly in this house with him driving our vehicle under our insurance. We’ll see if the Daisy Mae school of driving can whip him into shape yet.

I know there is a certain unknown driver that the Daisy Mae school of driving would like to whip into shape. Lil Miss and I stopped by the grocery late this afternoon to grab some milk on our way to pick up tonight’s dinner, pizza. I parked in the parking space as a normal person should. While I am in the store some moron in a beat up crap-mobile parked illegally next to me in a non-space. Since it was not a space they thought they could create one by parking right on top of me. They parked literally 4 inches next to my drivers side door. Now I have a lovely silver scratch down the side of my navy blue Mountaineer. Since my body is larger than 4 inches I had to get in the passenger side door and climb into the drivers seat. That felt really good doing that considering I couldn’t even sleep last night because of back pain. So I left a note on their windshield. It was a doozy. And I believe it ended with the word asshole. They are fortunate that asshole was the strongest word I called them. What the heel is wrong with people like that? Are they that damned inconsiderate that they don’t care that they are damaging another persons vehicle and prohibiting them from getting into their vehicle? Or are they too brain damaged to even notice what they are doing? I don’t get it. It took everything I had not to key their car. I wanted to, oh I did. My fingers were shaking with the key in it. But I couldn’t very well key someone’s car with a 5 year old with me now could I? Maybe if she had turned her back for a second. Oh well, I can only hope that karma pays that miserable inconsiderate asshole a visit.


Actually I think today has been dumbass day for me. Every dumbass in the state of Indiana has crossed my path today. Take for instance lunch. Sonny Boy and I stop by Wendys for lunch this afternoon during our driving lesson. I am a gal of simple tastes when it comes to fast food. A junior bacon cheeseburger (plain) and a small frosty is all it takes to make me happy. So I order that and ask them to put a lid on the frosty as the frosty is to go (but the burger is for eat-in). The gal puts a lidless frosty on the tray that has frosty over-piled about 3 inches over the top of the cup and frosty is running all over the sides of the cup where it has spilled over. I repeated my request that it be a lidded frosty and ask her to pour a new one as this one is all over the sides of the cup. She takes a lid and jambs it down on top of the frosty sending tons of frosty oozing over the sides of the cup and onto the tray. I again ask for a new one as this one is overfilled and pretty messy. She tells me with a smile that this one will be fine if I wipe the side of the cup. And then off she walks. The thing is she had a genuine smile on her face the whole time. Not a smart-ass smile, but a genuine “I think I am helping you by giving you extra frosty” smile. So how could I be pissed at her stupidity. I just sat down with Sonny Boy, ate half of my burger, a few bites of overfilled frosty and then I left my over filled frosty oozing all over the table for her to clean up. But I smiled a genuine smile at her as I left. Have a quality day.

 
posted by Daisy Mae at 7:34 PM | Permalink |