
Hard to believe the picture above is me, but yes it is. See what being sick does to me?! Not a pretty sight. I have been up since 2:30am this morning. That’s pretty bad considering I went to bed at 1am. You know you are in terrible shape when your doctor looks at you and says
“go home and rest for the rest of the week because, no offense, but you look like shit.” Yup, his exact words. Ah yes, I broke down and went to the doctor this morning after yet another sleepless night. I just can’t sleep when I can’t breath out of my nose. And I get panicked that I am not going to be able to breath out of my mouth. Anyway, the verdict is a
double ear infection and bronchitis. Oh goody, goody gum drops. Ain’t it fun to be me. Three prescriptions and $20 later and I am on my way. He tells me that I should be able to breath out of my nose by Thursday. In the meantime I am one cranky person!
I took Sonny Boy with me to the doctor so I could drop by the local high school on the way home and get his work permit. What a joke. Considering the fact that I look like shit (according to my doctor) they sure weren’t very helpful to me. We go in and ask at the greeter desk where to get a work permit. Oh, you need to go to the Guidance office. So off we go to Guidance. On the door of the Guidance office is a sign that says for work permits you need to go to the main office. We do a u-turn and walk half a mile in the other direction to the main office. After waiting for some secretaries to finish their gossip fest they inform us that work permits are given out at the principals office now. So another u-turn the other way and another half mile. In the principals office we once again had to wait until the gossips finished talking about their co-workers. Then the lady looks at his work permit slip that the employer had given him and said
“I can’t process this, it needs to be filled out in full.” The employer had neglected to put their phone number, state and zip code. I ask her if we can fill that out or does it need to be done by the employer. She tells me in a snotty tone
"I really don’t care, that is your concern not mine, I just need it filled out." I wonder who pissed in her corn flakes. So I sit there and fill the damned thing out and then have to wait another 10 minutes for her to finish ragging to a co-worker about her husband. She takes the form finally and instead of stamping it and sending us on our way she tells us that we have to come back tomorrow and pick it up. WTF? She needs to look through Sonny Boys school records to make sure his grades are at an appropriate level and that he is not failing or else she is not going to approve him to work. Uh, lady, he doesn’t go to school here so don’t waste your time trying to look up non-existent records.
“Well, I need to check anyway” she spat. Okkkkaaaaay, just call us liars. And I am the bitch today? Hah! I hereby nominate this gal for the bitch of the week award.

This afternoon was one that Lil Miss and I have been looking forward to for weeks.
The Bratz movie was released on DVD today. This afternoon she and I snuggled on the couch, both of us sniffling and coughing, and watched the
Bratz Rock Angelz. She was enthralled. If you’ve never seen a Bratz movie just picture yourself playing with Barbie’s (or not) and you make them walk in such a way that their hair flips as they walk and you have this snotty bossy tone and talk in Valley Girl-ese.
"Oh my gosh, you are like the best friend ever! No, you are the best friend ever. You're so sweet, I'm glad we're friends but really you're the best friend ever. You're swell, but really, like you know, you are the best friend ever, I like you. BFF, Best Friends Forever!!! Tee-hee, giggle, giggle." That is a Bratz movie in a nutshell. I consider myself fortunate that I survived it. I owe it all to cough medicine with codeine. Thank God for codeine!

I may have done a stupid thing today (just one you say?). Against my better judgment I rented
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I say against my better judgment because I asked
Tom about the movie as I knew he had seen it. He didn’t give the movie a favorable review. So going into this I know the movie sucks and yet I rented it anyway. I don’t understand myself sometimes. And now I am kicking myself for being stupid enough to rent a movie that I know sucks. I think being sick makes me really stupid. At least that’s my excuse and I'm sticking to it.