Monday, September 26, 2005
Being A Freak Magnet Is Hereditary


Note – I had problems getting on Blogger yesterday to upload. I couldn’t get the login page to upload. Thus, here is Sunday’s entry.

Last night after we came back from running errands G-man decided that he wanted to take the Tracker out for a spin now that he sort of knows how to drive it. I can’t begin to tell you how frustrating he made me at first. But then a light bulb went off over my head and I realized why he constantly had problems starting off while in first gear. He was lifting his foot totally off of the clutch in a sudden movement and then pressing on the gas, thus stalling out. You have to keep your foot on the clutch and start pressing lightly on the gas while slowly easing your other foot off of the clutch. That helped him when I explained the mechanics of that. But then when he would start to stall out he would panic and take his foot totally off of the clutch and the car would shutter then die. So I started screaming at him when it started to stall – “Slam your foot down on the clutch!” He would put his foot on the clutch and he would stop stalling. The point is we found our middle ground and he learned to drive the Tracker finally. I think he can drive it by himself now. He spent 2 hours last night from 9pm until 11pm driving all over this side of town. I figured the best thing to do would be to keep quiet unless he started to do something wrong. Then I would yell the command or say it loudly so he would never forget it. “Give it gas!” or “Push the clutch in!” Now he wants to drive the Tracker to work on Monday morning. Mainly because the guys found out that he couldn’t drive a stick and they have been giving him a hard time about it. So he wants to show them that they are wrong, he can drive a stick. That explains why he was so gung-ho on learning to drive it this weekend. Oh well, at least he can drive a stick now. Oh, and I may have created a monster. Now he wants to get a sports car with a stick. I want a jeep Wrangler and now I think I can get one. Ha-ha! My devious plan worked!



It is a well known fact among my family and friends that I am a freak magnet. It’s true. What I didn’t realize is that this condition is hereditary. It seems that Sonny Boy is a freak magnet as well. I feel his pain. A few weeks ago he met a 19 year old freak named Gerome (who doesn’t go to school or work because he got hit by a car at some point earlier in life and suffered a head injury so he collects Social Security). Where most people would tell this guy to F*** off, Sonny Boy took a moment to chat politely with him before turning tail and running from the freak. That was a mistake. Now Gerome thinks that Sonny Boy is his best friend. He calls Sonny Boys cell phone maybe 25 times a day. He doesn’t answer these calls so now Gerome has taken to showing up at the door. He showed up yesterday when we were in the back yard. He stood at the door for perhaps 15 minutes and would not leave. We heard the dog barking and figured it was a salesperson and that they would leave. No, it was just Gerome and he wasn’t going anywhere. Tonight he walked several blocks from his house over here in the pouring rain and knocked on the door. We told him Sonny Boy was gone (we lied). About an hour after he left one of Sonny Boys friends came over. Less than five minutes after his friend shows up there is a knock at the door. That’s right, it was Gerome. Personally we think that Gerome was hanging out on the corner in the rain watching our house to see when Sonny Boy came home. You can look at this guy and tell he has a few screws loose. When he did go to school he was probably voted “Most likely to be a Stalker.”

I hate days like today. It poured all day so I felt at odds all day since I couldn’t go out to work in the yard or anything. Instead I did absolutely nothing today. We did go to the stores on a search for a new toothbrush holder, which we finally found at Bed Bath & Beyond. That was our big excursion for the day. The rest of the day we stayed in and cooked. I baked some cream cheese/brownie cupcake thingies called Black Bottom Cupcake and G-man roasted a chicken and made yeast rolls from scratch. That was the extent of our day. I was so bored that I grabbed the umbrella after dinner and went for a walk in the rain. I love walking in the rain (when I have an umbrella that is). The rain has such a nice fresh earthy smell, don’t you think? And the sound of rain hitting the pavement is divine. It’s just so relaxing and peaceful. Makes me want to go to sleep. Goodnight.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 8:21 AM | Permalink |