Thursday, August 18, 2005
The World’s Shortest Fairytale


A good friend emailed me The World’s Shortest Fairytale and I thought it was cute enough to share with you.

THE WORLD'S SHORTEST FAIRY TALE
Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl, "Will you marry me?"
The girl said, "No."
And the guy lived happily ever after and went golfing and fishing a lot.
THE END

I will be incommunicado for a few days as we are going on a roadie. Packing up the cooler and hitting the road in a few short minutes. Can’t say when I’ll be able to blog again but I will say it will definitely be interesting when I do blog again. Actually I hope to blog this weekend. I’ll try to post pictures too. Note to self – don’t forget to pack the digital camera cable.

You’ll be glad to know we have discussed the sleeping situation last night instead of waiting until we hit the Shore. We are spending Friday night at my mommies and Saturday night at G-man’s mommies (and sisters). Sunday night is up for grabs at this point. Who knows maybe we’ll get a beach front hotel for Sunday night. Nah, we would have to put a second mortgage on the house for the price they charge for a night ocean-side at peak season.

A new problem has come up however. G-man’s bossy sister has informed us last night that she has made plans on where we are going out to eat on Saturday. Keep in mind that we are big seafood lovers and you can’t get real seafood here in the Midwest. So when I go home I want to eat Maryland Blue crabs, steamed clams, oysters, etc. G-man’s family are not seafood eaters. My family is. So his sister has planned for us to go to a place for dinner on Saturday night that has food she likes to eat. Namely middle eastern food since her husband is from Morocco and Israel. G-man says we wanted to eat seafood. She says “they have seafood, there is shrimp on the menu.” I can get shrimp in the Midwest. I can’t get blue crabs in the Midwest. She and her hubby can go to dinner by themselves on Saturday night and G-man and I will go to a crab joint and have a good old fashioned Maryland crab feast with plenty of crabs, corn on the cob and beer.



I hate it when his sister makes plans for us and tells us what we are going to do and where we are going to eat. She does it everytime that we go home and it drives us nuts. In fact she even made our honeymoon plans and reservations for us before asking us. I changed that right away when she told us. Pushy woman! G-man needs to stand up to his family and tell them no thanks, we have plans. There are things I would like to do when we go home and I know there are things he would like to do as well. I mean we don’t even see our old friends anymore when we go home because there is never any time because of all of the commitments his family has made for us. Friends of his mothers that we have to stop by and see (that we can’t stand to visit), friends of his sister that she wants us to go and see, places his sister wants to go and drag us along, etc, etc. We haven’t even left yet and I am already stressed. It shouldn’t be like this. Going home should be a pleasure and stress free. We should have time to do the things we want like go to the beach, walk the boardwalk in Ocean City, eat Thrasher French fries, have a beer at the Purple Moose Saloon, etc. I know I am fighting a losing battle. Are we the only ones that has this problem when they go home? Why do we do this to ourselves? Wish us luck, we’ll need it.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 8:07 AM | Permalink |