
Last night when G-man and I went to Target we ran into a bit of a snag and had to stop for a few minutes. For once I remembered that I had my digital camera in my purse and I pulled it out and snapped a shot just as the obstruction was clearing. It was a gaggle of geese crossing the road. I have never seen this problem before like I have in Indiana. Do other areas of the country have gaggles of geese that frequently stop traffic? There is one area near our house which is like geese mecca. There must be 100 geese in that one little area around a man-made pond. And they are mean geese. If you honk at them they will come up and attack your car with their beaks. Mean little buggers.

Sunday dinner is at 5:00pm next Sunday. I’ll be expecting ya’ll. We normally have a big Sunday every Sunday for the kids. That way I know they have at least one decent meal a week. We started that tradition about 5 or 6 years ago I guess. Dinner used to be at 6:00pm but in the last 6 months we have changed it to 5:00pm for some unknown reason. So if you are ever in the area and it is Sunday you can be sure to get a big and hearty meal at the Daisy palace. And there is plenty of food, maybe too much food, especially today. My eldest calls me 1 hour before dinner to let me know that he and Lil Miss aren’t coming for dinner after all. They are going to a Brickyard 400 party instead. By that time it was too late to make less food because the food was almost all done. The fare for the day was Roast beef, mashed potatoes, homemade beef gravy, green beans fresh from our garden, English cucumbers with onions and sliced homegrown tomatoes in a sweet vinaigrette. At least he called before I popped rolls in so I didn’t bother making them. So there G-man and I were at the table, just the two of us with all of that food. All – of – that – food…. Groan….. I never want to eat again. I swear next Sunday I am just ordering Pizza. Tell me, why do I bother? I feel so…sick….burp. Sorry about that.

Our neighbor on the corner is an ass. He has a party about twice a month. In the winter he slows it down to once a month. I know you are picturing some slim trim handsome college frat boy type. Nope. Trying picturing a 350 pound lazy man that can’t pull his pants up and looks like someone beat him with an ugly stick. This guy is so lazy that he takes his garbage cans off of the curb 5 days after the garbage men have come. He has half a tree that blew down in his yard and is laying on his fence, a month ago. It still sits there. He just sort of mows around it. And we still haven’t figured out if the redhead that lives with him is his sister or his wife or girlfriend. We are sort of leaning towards sister maybe. They do look a lot alike. So he has ANOTHER party last night, in honor of the race today I suppose. And this was a big one. Cars parked on both sides of the street for blocks. They had the keg, the horseshoe pit, the big BBQ smoker going, you name it. It seems that 2 of his guests decide that a good place to park would be in our front yard. I mean IN our front yard, not on the edge of it, IN IT. So we come home and see that and I am fired up mad. What the hell is wrong with people around here? Would you ever think to park in a stranger’s front yard instead of on the edge of the street? You can believe that wouldn’t like it if it happened to them. G-man went over there and nicely explained (lied) that we had just planted new grass seed and his guests were parked on top of it. I would not have been so nice. It reminds me of the time someone parked in my driveway and laid their seat back to take a nap. I went out there and asked why they were in my driveway and they sad they were waiting for my next door neighbor to come home. Uh, why not park in THEIR driveway? Their empty driveway I might add. Anything this guy gave me the “I can’t believe you want me to move” look. Porky’s guests had the same look on their faces last night. Did I mention that they were actually parked on my front lawn? What the hell is wrong with people around here? Is it something in the Midwest’s drinking water? I just don’t get it.




