
It turns out that Lil Miss should have been worried about me picking her up from school yesterday after all. I was on time alright. I was just in the wrong area. I was behind the school instead of in front of it. So all of the buses and kids and parents are all in front of the school. Just me and a lone parent are behind the school waiting. I thought it odd that there weren’t other parents or any buses. It was deserted back there. But alas I found her and all was well. Of course I had to hear it from her though. “Where were you Gwanma? I was waiting and you weren’t here. You promised me you would be here.” She even gave me this little dog tag that had her school name on it so I wouldn’t forget where her school was again. My bad.
I felt so bad about it that I took her out for an afternoon snack of juice and chips yesterday. Then I took her to Old Navy and bought her a cute school outfit. She picked it out and it is so cute but a little more than I wanted to spend. I am pointing out all of these cute things on sale but she had her heart set on a pink shrug, a white shirt and a pink skirt. It looks adorable, it does. I just wasn’t planning on spending $37 on it. I am supposed to pick up Lil Miss from school every afternoon now. This could get expensive for me if I continue like I did today. Afternoon snack, $2.55, outfit at Old Navy $37, notebook at Hobby Lobby $2.50, happy look on granddaughters face priceless.
Today the rains came and stayed and stayed and stayed. I can’t complain though. I mean what if I lived in New Orleans or somewhere like that? Who am I to complain about a little bit of rain. But that storm hitting New Orleans has really put a gouge in the gas wars. It went up to $2.79 a gallon here today and will go up again during the week. This madness has to end. Why can’t we be like Hawaii and have a price cap on gas prices. This is so out of hand.

We braved the heavy rains and went to see the 40 Year Old Virgin tonight. It was so funny. We laughed and laughed and laughed. The thing that worried me was that in most scenes it was only G-man and I laughing. I don’t know if the people in the theater with us didn’t have a sense of humor or maybe they were too self conscious to laugh out loud like we did.
Tomorrow we have another day of heavy rains to look forward to. It’s the cold damp seep in your bones kind of rain. I hate rains like that especially when I have to go out in them. Tomorrow morning I am having a first appointment with a new back surgeon. I know what he is going to say and I refuse to hear it. I am not going under the knife again. But I guess it’s his job to recommend going under the knife, thus the title “surgeon”. Doesn’t hurt to see what he has to say I suppose. I don’t know how I am going to take another winter of the cold seeping into my poor aching back. Winter weather is hell on a failed spinal fusion. Maybe I need the pain patch like our friend Larry. Nah, addiction isn’t my style. Pass the Bengay.




