Friday, August 05, 2005
The Queen of Procrastination


It’s hard to believe it is Friday already. Where did the week go? I woke up to a damp drizzly day this morning and all of my good intentions of getting my errands done just flew out the window. Really they aren’t errands that are pressing, but they do need to be done. I think I am becoming the queen of procrastination. Everyone needs to be good at something, right?

Did I mention that I decided on a theme for Sonny Boys room? I am doing it in black, white and red. I bought some race banners that I am putting at the top of his walls that are black and white checked. The new comforter and matching sheets are blacks and white. And I got a few things for the walls. The bed ruffle is red and the curtains are red. We still need to purchase some white plantation blinds to complete the effect. But it’s coming together. I just didn’t realize how hard putting that banner up on the walls would be. Since I’m a shortie I have to stand on my tippie toes on my steppy stool (heh, heh, I said stool). I should get G-man to help me with the banner because he is tall and could get it done in record time. You know me though, I have to do it all myself and then complain later about how hard it was. Wow! A moment of clarity!

Last night we went to the movies and saw Wedding Crashers. Neither of us was expecting much from that movie as it looked a little too cutesy. But it ended up being rather good. It was hilariously funny. I would definitely see it again. It had a lot of good laughs in it. Don’t you just love when you go to a movie expecting it not to be so good and then you find out it is great!

Well I did end up doing most of my errands this afternoon after all. I even managed to make it to the hair stylist and get my hair cut. And shock upon shock, I actually love the way she cut it. Well, I am using a new place as the last one was a member of AARP so the only hairstyles she knew were the beehive and the pixie cut. No thanks! Anyway, the new one razor cuts it and I absolutely love it! Now G-man can take me somewhere nice for date night tonight. I even showered again for it. Well actually I showered again because of all of the little hairs that made it onto my neck and face and such when I got my hair cut. I hate that. Am I the only one that has to take a shower after getting a haircut? That’s why I could never become a hairdresser, I would be taking showers every 30 minutes.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 4:01 PM | Permalink |