Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Procrastination is a disease


Why am I spending time blogging this morning when I have so much to do. This is my busy day. I won’t say all that I have to do today but just know that it is a lot. We are preparing for court as that is next week and everything must be done today. So since I am so busy today and have so incredibly much to do I spent the first hour of my morning painting my nails a pretty shade of pink. Now I am blogging. And when I am done blogging I just may play a computer game or two. I am procrastinating. It’s a classic case. I am going to make up a list today of all that I need to do. I find that if I don’t write it down in a list format I don’t usually do it. Procrastination is a disease.

We are no closer to deciding where we are going to stay in Maryland than we were on Sunday. I still am having firm that I want to stay at my mothers and he is firm that he wants to stay at his sisters/mothers. I can see it coming now, we’ll have to do a compromise. Damn those compromises! I imagine that we will finally address the issue when we hit our hometown. Do we turn down this road to my mothers house or do we head this way to his mothers house? Ya’ll know we’ll end up at my mothers house. I’m a woman, we always win!



Yesterday was Lil Miss’s first day of school. It seems like just yesterday that I was changing her diapers. They grow too quick. I haven’t gotten to talk to her about it yet but my eldest (her daddy) did. She didn’t want to talk about school, she just wanted to talk about her many pets at her daddy’s house. So I’m not really sure if she liked school or not. I would venture to say not. When you are used to laying around watching cartoons for the first 5 years of your life because your mother thinks that is the babysitter, well it would be hard to get into a structured environment after that. Oh the monsters we create.

I freaked out yesterday. I had a panic attack of sorts, not that I have anything to panic about of course. No not me. Anyway, I had gotten out of the shower and was dressing and it hit me – I’m going to have open heart surgery in the next 12 – 24 months. That’s not a lot of time really (unless you are under the age of 25, then it’s forever). And I started to think about how they are going to have to break the sternum and I freaked. If I am freaking out at this stage of the game, what’s it going to be like in the weeks or days before the surgery. I’ll really be freaking then! Some people enjoy a good operation or at least being sick. It’s the attention thing I think. My grandmother was one of those that enjoyed poor health. I remember her complaining about her health and how she wasn’t going to live to see another year, ever since I was five. She lived a lot of years after that so I’d have to say that she is not a good predictor of when someone will die.

Well, I need to stop procrastinating and do the things I need to do today. Time is getting short. I don’t know when I’ll be able to post next but I’ll post when I can. Hopefully I’ll get some good pictures too. So if I don’t see ya, good morning, good afternoon and good night.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 11:38 AM | Permalink |