Monday, August 15, 2005
It would only happen to me


G-man and I are having a difference of opinions and I am not sure how this one will turn out. Usually I know from the start that I will win or that it isn’t important to me and I will back down and let G-man win. The point is, being female we always know how a disagreement is going to turn out because we set the rules. Am I right ladies? Yes I am. I’m a female, we are always right.

The disagreement is as such. We will be going home in a week or two for a couple of days while this thing with Sonny Boy plays out and we wait to bring him home. I want to stay at my mothers and G-man wants to stay at his sisters (where his mother also lives). Let me rephrase that, G-man feels that we should stay at his sisters because his mother and sister had a shit fit when they found out we wouldn’t be staying at their place. G-man was talking to his mother last night on her usual Sunday night phone call to him and she mentioned that his sister was thinking about buying an air mattress for us to sleep on in the family room floor so we wouldn’t have to sleep on the bare floor. He flat out told his mother that I couldn’t sleep on the floor or an air mattress because of my back. For God’s sake, I had a failed spinal fusion and need another back operation so why the hell would his sister think that I could sleep on the floor? I think I’ll make her sleep on the floor the next time she is here. His mother got upset that we weren’t going to stay there and she said that I could sleep in her bed and I guess she would sleep with G-man on the floor, I don’t know. G-man said that he knew I wouldn’t want to put her out of her bed and also I wouldn’t want to sleep without him. Anyway he left the conversation at us not staying there because of my back.

About 2 minutes after G-man hung up from talking to his mother the phone rings. It is his sister and she is upset. I mean really upset. What do we mean that we won’t be staying at her house? She will buy an air mattress for me to lay on and that should be fine for my back. G-man insisted that we couldn’t stay because of my back. So it ended up that she agreed to sleep on the floor and G-man and I could have her bed. No thank you. First off I am not kicking her and her husband out of their bed so they can sleep on the floor. She is a bigger wimp than I am and she will be complaining about her back for weeks if I take her bed. Secondly she is one of those that doesn’t wash the sheets before company comes if you know what I mean. The last time I stayed at her house I swore it would be the last. She had washed all of the towels and when she put them in the dryer she also put dirty throw rugs in there with the clean towels. Her thinking was that the throw rugs would get the dirt tossed out of them by being in the dryer with the towels. What ended up happening was that I went to towel off after my shower and I got dirt all over me and carpet fibers. It was disgusting. I had to take another shower and air-dry since all of the towels were covered with carpet dirt. So right now we have a stand-off. It is hard to say who will win at this point. If anyone has any suggestions for me I am ready to take them.



Something weird happened to me at the pharmacy this morning. They had some books on sale that had crochet afghan patterns and I purchased one that was written by Vanna White. The pharmacist rings it up and then stands there thumbing through it. Then she hands me 60 cents and asks me to go to the copier in the front of the store and copy pages 52, 53, 109, 110, 111 and 112 for her. Odd. I did it though. Don’t you think that is a strange thing for a pharmacist to do? It would only happen to me.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 2:20 PM | Permalink |