
Whitey let the cat out of the bag, spilled the beans and sang like a bird. What did whitey snitch about? Our favorite soul food place. We went there tonight and there were white people in there. I mean, other than us. Some white folk have spilled the beans about how good this place is and the word has spread among whitey. We aren’t used to seeing other white people in our favorite soul food place and we don’t like it. After we ordered 3 more white people came in. And then a white couple came in, and then a white girl, and then another white couple, and then a table full of whitey. By the time we left there were more white folk in there than black folk. Whitey go home! We have dibs on this soul food joint. We’ve been coming here for 8 years now, well before it was trendy to eat soul food. These people didn’t even know how to order. The table next to us didn’t know what sweet tea was. So it’s no wonder that hoecakes and collard greens were a mystery to them as well.
I was lucky to have made it out of the restaurant in one piece. There for awhile I thought I would be trapped at the table. The butt sisters came in and sat next to us and I was sort of trapped in a corner with no way out other than to squeeze by the 400 pound butt or the 350 pound butt. And on the other side of the table were the sisters with the big butts! And amongst the 4 butt sisters was a tiny little girl of about a year old that couldn’t have weighed anymore than a pig foot. She was the cutest little thing. G-man saw something funny on the TV in the corner and started laughing really loud. It startled tiny girl and she glared at G-man like he was the devil. The butt sisters, G-man and I laughed at tiny girl as she glared at him.
Other than eating with the peeps not much else happened today. I spend most of this rainy humid day working on a website proposal and project. So by the end of the day my back was hurting and my eyes were going all crossed. And now I am overly full and sleepy from eating too much and sitting at the computer too long. I think I’ll switch to the living room and watch Million Dollar Baby. That way if it sucks I can just fall asleep in front of the TV and blame it on the hoecakes. Damn those hoes!




